Ok so i'm signed on to gig weekends at my local bar with my buddies, but guess what, i have no amp!! I got a blues junior for now that im borrowing, but i want to get my own.

All i have is a bass stack at home and a boss gt-6 that i use to play around with. I want an amp that i can use at home, at gigs, and at practices (like i did before i sold my amp in the first place grr)

Anyways, long-mcquade slashed the prices of the Spider Valve amps, and the 212 is appealing to me for 599 CAD.

Does anyone know from experience if the valve has crap tone like the normal spiders or did they do a good thing with the tubes?

Also, if i did buy it, should i keep the boss to run through the effects loop or should i just sell it to buy an FBV Shortboard or something?

Thanks
the Line 6 SpiderValve is a great amp. i like the Vypyr Tube better but some might disagree
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
If you want to gig with the Spider Valve, you'd probably want to go with a floorboard. I like them for the money.
theres a preamp out and power amp it, which can be used as a series effects loop. Found that on the line 6 website.

ok thanks all! i guess i'll try to get myself a spider valve, it good for its price, and ill sell the boss to get a floorboard!
Yes, I'd say either get the SpiderValve, or play through your bass stack. I would sell the pedal to get the floorboard.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
I ordered the spider valve 212 off long and mcquade's website this past thursday, and the next day it was no longer listed on their website.....kinda weird eh?? But i guess they had a limited supply since line 6 discontinued them.

Does anyone have experience with long and mcquade, im curious as to how long it will take to arrive.
Long&McQuades website is fairly new, but I havent heard anyone say bad things about their shipping.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
thats good to hear, hopefully it'll get here soon......there are A LOT of people out there who seem to really dislike line 6 amplifiers, but i've heard nothing but good things about the spider valve series, its supposed to be a big step up from the spider iii's (which i didn't think were bad at all to begin with)
The Valve is a great amp, but since its a modeling amp, putting a Multi Effects pedal wouldnt be a great idea, kind of a waste of the amps features if you ask me. Sell the Boss and get a footswitcher and it'd be grrrreat. I tried the Spider Valve not long ago and I loved the tone.

Good luck!