you do realize you need not play chords on any instrument if you don't want to right?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
just take the note thats being played and use it as the root to base a chord off of. be creative.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
you do realize you need not play chords on any instrument if you don't want to right?

I love when UG'ers like to make snide comments like that to boost their egos, yes I'm not that stupid, just because its an acoustic guitar, doesn't mean i have to play only chords on it

God you're so nub for even thinking that I would think that. I mean I'm asking how I could arrange a version of that song using chords, clearly I have to know some level of theory and there has to be some sort of progression made on the guitar that would even allow me to construct the chords. God you fail so hard.

At least you didn't post a facepalm at the end of your post, that's the only redeeming quality of your post, my friend.
Quote by 1979ckhtt
I love when UG'ers like to make snide comments like that to boost their egos, yes I'm not that stupid, just because its an acoustic guitar, doesn't mean i have to play only chords on it

God you're so nub for even thinking that I would think that. I mean I'm asking how I could arrange a version of that song using chords, clearly I have to know some level of theory and there has to be some sort of progression made on the guitar that would even allow me to construct the chords. God you fail so hard.

At least you didn't post a facepalm at the end of your post, that's the only redeeming quality of your post, my friend.

how am i supposed to know your musical prowess or knowledge?

if you have to ask HOW to do it, it shows you might not be all too knowledgeable about music, and besides, my post is still correct: you don't need to do that.

Why do you want to do it?
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
how am i supposed to know your musical prowess or knowledge?

if you have to ask HOW to do it, it shows you might not be all too knowledgeable about music, and besides, my post is still correct: you don't need to do that.

Why do you want to do it?

And why wouldn't he want to??? If someone wants to create a cover of a rock song using only an acoustic guitar probably the best way is by using chords.
Quote by Niiko_Xeneize
And why wouldn't he want to??? If someone wants to create a cover of a rock song using only an acoustic guitar probably the best way is by using chords.

It isn't the best way to put in chords where didn't originally have chords, it's just easier that way.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
It isn't the best way to put in chords where didn't originally have chords, it's just easier that way.

It's not always easier, most rock songs have someone playing bass, if you don't have a bassist playing with you and you're only playing an acousting guitar that doesn't have distortion or other sound effects, what would you do???, I'd go for creating a chord cause that way I'm gonna have a full sound using low and high strings and not only one or two strings, also you can try using strumming or arpeggios so there are a lot of possibilities of things you can do and if you're good at fingerpicking (and I mean using your five fingers) you can make of a cover an almost new song.