I've got a song in the making, but I just can NOT think of anything to add after the riff at the last eight measures. Anybody care to experiment?
Attachments:
second song.gp4
second song.gp5
second song.mid
Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
Quote by mtgold83
Hey i added a little part to your song. . Hope you like it.

Oh my sweet Jesus, that's freaking amazing! I may want to use this in the actual song.

Keep them coming!
Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
Glad you enjoyed that. I wasnt sure what genre you are really going for so yea heh.
Added a bassline and a little fill in the middle of the last riff. If you like it just use a variation of it again to replace the last bar to lead in to the next chord, preferably E ,
I just think after 2 melodic parts some heavy part would be in order here.

The Intro was nice but the solo wasnt as good as I expected. I played around with it and I think it turned out well The problem is you don't link the notes properly, there was not really a melody. The first part of your solo consisted of many little sections that weren't really connected to each other. After the bends in bar 10 you would normaly expect the solo to go up the fretboard, but your solo actually goes down.
In addition, almost every phrase starts at the first beat of the bar, try to put more variation in it with longer bends, and especially ghost notes in the next bar.
For a slower, more melodic type of solo I would generally recommend slower bends and more legato than picking.
If you look closely at the new solo you will see that I started the first melodic section in bar 8 and ended it between bars 12 and 13.

The following riffs are pretty decent, nothing wrong here but the drums sound a bit overdone (it's probably because im a RSE-using drum maniac

Ihope you like the stuff I did and get some inspiration,If you dont mind check out this piece I wrote together with icronic
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1210639

Edit: in bar 13, try to exchange the faster pull offs with slow bends
Attachments:
new part with drums.gp5
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by thorbor at Oct 7, 2009,
Quote by thorbor
Added a bassline and a little fill in the middle of the last riff. If you like it just use a variation of it again to replace the last bar to lead in to the next chord, preferably E ,
I just think after 2 melodic parts some heavy part would be in order here.

The Intro was nice but the solo wasnt as good as I expected. I played around with it and I think it turned out well The problem is you don't link the notes properly, there was not really a melody. The first part of your solo consisted of many little sections that weren't really connected to each other. After the bends in bar 10 you would normaly expect the solo to go up the fretboard, but your solo actually goes down.
In addition, almost every phrase starts at the first beat of the bar, try to put more variation in it with longer bends, and especially ghost notes in the next bar.
For a slower, more melodic type of solo I would generally recommend slower bends and more legato than picking.
If you look closely at the new solo you will see that I started the first melodic section in bar 8 and ended it between bars 12 and 13.

The following riffs are pretty decent, nothing wrong here but the drums sound a bit overdone (it's probably because im a RSE-using drum maniac

Ihope you like the stuff I did and get some inspiration,If you dont mind check out this piece I wrote together with icronic
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1210639

Edit: in bar 13, try to exchange the faster pull offs with slow bends

I extremely like what you did in general here. The only things that sound strange with the solo are at bars 10 (The slide leaves an incomplete feeling, I think) and 13. But in a way, I see myself liking them when actually played. And I like what you did with the octave part at the end of the solo. I usually write GPs as basic guidelines for what I play, and add little things in when actually played. The half step bend on the E in it? Totally something I would do. Also, you edited one of the octaves at the end at bar 26, that was badass. The fill at 40 was great, as well!

I should note that I don't know anything about programming drums at all, but I do like how they sound. Overall, I'm very impressed. I'm really trying to think outside of the box when it comes to writing and this helps!
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95