Recently I have noticed some fret buzz on the high E string of my Ibanez Xiphos. It makes some of the notes on the upper frets all sound out the same in a few different places. You have to push very hard in order for the right note to sound out and its very inconvenient. Someone help me!
GEAR:
Vox AD30VT XL
Jackson DK2M Dinky Trans. Black
Fender G-Dec
Razorback DB Black
EHX Metal Muff
Originally Posted by Kaasflipje
Metallica. I don't get what's so awesome about Master of Puppets.

he's awesome because he pulls strings
Am i gonna have to have somebody professionally help me? I love the guitar and want it working properly
GEAR:
Vox AD30VT XL
Fender G-Dec
Razorback DB Black
EHX Metal Muff

No, intonation is easy to solve, here is how to do it from the sticky on this forum

"Intonation

SETTING INTONATION: from icepoint...
Most electric guitars provide individual string length adjustment for setting intonation. Fine tuning this length insures that your guitar plays in tune all the way up and down the neck.

Using an electronic tuner, tune your guitar to pitch.
One string at a time, play the harmonic at the 12th fret and then play the fretted 12th fret note.
If the fretted note is sharper than the harmonic, increase the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
If the fretted note is flat compared to the harmonic shorten the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
Repeat the procedure on all strings until the harmonic and the fretted notes are the same

just to add, if you can't get the harmonic to match the fretted 12th, compare the
open string note and the fretted 12th note.

also, be sure to tune the open string after each intonation screw adjustment."
thanks i'll just check the Floyd Rose thread for more help, rock on.
GEAR:
Vox AD30VT XL
Fender G-Dec
Razorback DB Black
EHX Metal Muff

This is not intonation, your action is to low, just raise it a little bit.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
This is not intonation, your action is to low, just raise it a little bit.

This
For my knowlage (correct me if im wrong) intonation ahs nothing to do with fret buzz
Quote by Baraga
This
For my knowlage (correct me if im wrong) intonation ahs nothing to do with fret buzz

Its intonation too, he says some notes sound the same.
Quote by darkcheef
Its intonation too, he says some notes sound the same.

It's because the action is to low, and the if you play say, the 19th fret, string is still touching at the 20th fret, Although if this really is the problem, then that means there's something wrong with the frets, either there uneven or some of the frets are "popping out". TS raising the action will fix the buzz, but it will not fix the fretting out problem. Look at the frets that this is happening at, see if they appear to be popping out, or if they look uneven (some higher then others).

And Darcheef, intonation isn't when notes sound the same, it's when due to string length your string is tuned to a perfect A, but when you fret a note, it is slightly un-tune.

Sorry if you already knew that....
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29
It's because the action is to low, and the if you play say, the 19th fret, string is still touching at the 20th fret, Although if this really is the problem, then that means there's something wrong with the frets, either there uneven or some of the frets are "popping out". TS raising the action will fix the buzz, but it will not fix the fretting out problem. Look at the frets that this is happening at, see if they appear to be popping out, or if they look uneven (some higher then others).

And Darcheef, intonation isn't when notes sound the same, it's when due to string length your string is tuned to a perfect A, but when you fret a note, it is slightly un-tune.

Sorry if you already knew that....

Ahh I got confused, but I literally have to squint to read every time you post
Quote by darkcheef
Ahh I got confused, but I literally have to squint to read every time you post

It's not that hard.. I have my computers screen up crazzzy bright, and it's still easy to read.

Plus, you've been here for a year and your still on Classic?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29
It's not that hard.. I have my computers screen up crazzzy bright, and it's still easy to read.

Plus, you've been here for a year and your still on Classic?

I've been on Harmony Central more
oh god thats much better! why didnt i ever think to try and change it to black...

but now it looks more pink than plum

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab