So ive been playing on an epi les paul custom the last 4 years and im looking to upgrade now. I can fork out about 1000$ at the most. What are some good guitars around that price range.. im wanting to get a guitar that has an extremely nice clean sound for reggae/blues/indie stuff but that can also be used to play a lot of thrash metal stuff. So i guess an all around guitar but one that sounds very good clean. Would a telecaster be a good investment? maybe a PRS? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
type of music amp?
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Prs would be a good choice imo. They sound good clean and driven
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
If you keep your LP for Thrash and higher gain, you should get a semi-hollow like a Sheraton.
Don't get a PRS. The only ones in your budget are SEs which aren't really an upgrade. If you're going to play metal get something with humbuckers. I would look into an Ibanez ARX500.
Thanks for the responses...cant really keep my LP for anything more than practice...its a piece of crap now..dead frets everywhere hah. What abotu a tele?
The "Blade"... A carbon fiber guitar. Virtually indestructible, sounds great, plays great. Lightweight, unprecedented upper fret access due to a non-existant heel.

http://compositeacoustics.com/Files/Product/CE_Electric_Guitars_340/The_Blade_426.asp
Guitars
'89 RG-550
'92 Talman
'08 Les Paul Studio
Parkwood PW320M
Schecter Stiletto Custom 4

Amps
Fender Blues Junior
Kingston Halfstack
Blackheart Little Giant
Acoustic B20

And way too many effects.