I posted this in the Blackstar owners thread, but I figured I might as well put it out here too. Finally got around to setting up my mic and messing with Sonar so...

I posted two thrash clips on my profile.

I recorded two separate clips. One with the Sonic Maximizer and one without. All levels are the same for everything. The Sonic Maximizer knobs are at 12:00 o'clock.
I run through a Maxon 0D808 with the gain at noon and the level cranked (I just noticed the tone was on the bass side - about 10:00 o'clock).

I run the Sonic Maximizer in the loop after my EQ (slight mid scoop)

I recorded with an SM57 in front of a 12" cone, going into an interface then into Sonar. It was kind of woofy in Sonar (I have to mess around with mic placement, or maybe record from a 10"), so I applied a bass cut preset EQ (just a bit) to both clips

Don't cap on my skills because I know I suck.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/667/music
chugga chugga..

but i could tell there was a difference. thanks for the clips
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
not gonna lie, i though the best sounding clip was no SM+No EQ.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22

I concur.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
ive had a BBE sonic maximizer for about 2 years, and when ever i turned it on no matter what settings i have it on it adds grit and bad high freqz artifacts to my sound, i stopped using it, for high gain its not very good at helping tone, for low gain/cleans it may add presense more.
Quote by Jhachey22

I agree. The Sonic Maximizer is a great way to make a rig sound more digital...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
my buddy had one and talked it up for years. he finally dropped the damn thing for the tone sucking monster it was. meh, it did kinda add some depth to certain tracks though, but really it just kinda made me think of real guitars through fake amps.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Yup... I'm trying to sell mine right now but I think I'm gonna feel guilty if I can even get some sucker to pay half price for it...
Quote by Jhachey22

Same here
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by mattocaster99
Yup... I'm trying to sell mine right now but I think I'm gonna feel guilty if I can even get some sucker to pay half price for it...

I bought mine used for $50, just for $hit's and giggles. I wasn't expecting much, but I do like it. It makes the amp punchier. I know that probably didn't translate well in the clips, but for me, it's on all the time, just half-way.

I'm a recording noob too. I need to mess around with mic placement.