Has anybody had them? Around early August, I got a Schecter C1+. Loved it. About a month later, the bridge pickup stopped putting out sound.

Loved the guitar enough to take it back to GC and get it replaced. Did that about 2 weeks ago. Now, the new guitar has lost it's coil tap function on the neck pickup.

I heard that Schecter had good quality control? Am I missing something? Or did I just get unlucky? Because I want to keep this guitar but if it's gonna keep breaking, it's just not worth it..
I've never heard of anything like this happening, hopefully your just unlucky () and Schecter's quality control isn't going with the economy...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
They were both new. I just bought the first one and when it malfunctioned, brought it back and exchanged it. So now that's 2 down. @biga29 yeah hopefully I'm just unlucky... 3rd time's the charm I guess haha
when i got my schecter pt, the switch was a little dirty. blew it out and it was fine.

a dirty switch will cut off sound.
can happen to any guitar.

i think a big part of the problem will be how the guitars are handled at gc, not necessarily, the QC at schecter Ca.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
did you look at the wiring yourself? go here: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/

ive never looked at the wiring of duncan-designed pups but it should be the same? it looks like the guitar comes stock with one push pull pot, so how did you just lose the coil tap function on the neck pup? oh wait, if it got "fixed" by GC then they coulda done something different.

its not like your whole guitar is broken. loose wires and bad connections are usually an easy fix. but i guess if GC keeps giving you a brand new guitar, then keep doing that! but it will help in the future if you learn a little about wiring pups. especially if you wanna put some REAL seymours in that beautiful guitar.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Haha ok thanks for the input guys. I think I'll take it to the local music shop instead this time and see if I can learn a little about the wiring when I get it fixed. Thanks a million!
My C1 Exotic Red Star had a small issue with its three way switch, it was probally just me being nit picky, it seemed to take very little contact to move out of channel.

So I had my Luthier put in a Gibson 3 way, other than that no issues.
Only problem I've had with my budget model was a pretty lousy fretjob and a loose jack socket

The fret problem only became apparent after about 2 years of playing though
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Only problem I've had with my budget model was a pretty lousy fretjob and a loose jack socket

The fret problem only became apparent after about 2 years of playing though

Then you probably wore the frets down.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Then you probably wore the frets down.

The frets were uneven

Problem showed up when I lowered the action and the high frets choked out
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
i haven't had any trouble with my budget Schecter. it's perfect. and i've never heard of any QC problems at Schecter. I've only played outstanding guitars from them.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
My friend's Hellraiser has a bump in the middle of the 16th fret. Also, his bridge pickup randomly stopped working, then it came back, and the neck pickup stopped working. It started working again today.
Ok I took mine in and got it replace/upgraded to a hellraiser. Hopefully third time's the charm haha.
Quote by nolifeXD
Ok I took mine in and got it replace/upgraded to a hellraiser. Hopefully third time's the charm haha.

Let us know how it goes.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
hey guys i'm getting a schecter c-1 FR at the end of the year .hope there isn't any big problems.anyone wants to tell me the pros and cons about getting it so i won't regret my buy? oh and which one is the c-1 FR? there's one in the guitar shop that i'm about to purchase it from but i'm not sure if it's a c-1 fr.the shopkeeper insists that it is but i'm not too sure..anyone got a pic that i can see? and frankly speaking,is the blackjack c-1 fr better than the c-1 fr? i know the blackjack IS the blackjack becos the inlays are obvious.
Quote by A7x_1993
hey guys i'm getting a schecter c-1 FR at the end of the year .hope there isn't any big problems.anyone wants to tell me the pros and cons about getting it so i won't regret my buy? oh and which one is the c-1 FR? there's one in the guitar shop that i'm about to purchase it from but i'm not sure if it's a c-1 fr.the shopkeeper insists that it is but i'm not too sure..anyone got a pic that i can see? and frankly speaking,is the blackjack c-1 fr better than the c-1 fr? i know the blackjack IS the blackjack becos the inlays are obvious.

the FR means Floyd Rose. if it's got a floyd, than its an FR. there's a lot of differences between the blackjack and the regular C-1. the C-1 has active Duncan Designed pickups, a bolt on neck and a Licensed floyd Rose. the blackjack has a set neck and passive Seymour Duncan pickups (JB/'59's great set) and an Original Floyd Rose.

so between the two, I would take the Blackjack hands down.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
blackjack? yeah i was thinking about getting it until the shop told me they can't bring it in from the united states or something like that.but **** it,anyway both guitars i mentioned above can run through a solid state amp right? ain't no need for tube amps YET right? (i might get myself a tube amp when i got enuff cash)