I went to guitar center yesterday to buy a Squier Bullet...well let me just say they were trying to sell clearly used and messed with guitars as brand new. So i was like um alright let me see an Epiphone LP Junior, the first one they handed me was still clearly used it had none of the stickers that cover the pickups and pickgaurd and when I plugged it in the wiring was messed up and wouldn't work. So I said look I'm not buying a guitar unless you get me a good actual brand new guitar. So they finally got me a brand new LP Junior and it was awesome so I ended up buying it.
Does anyone else have these kind of problems with guitar center? I know that anyone can come in a play a guitar so they aren't "brand new". But the bullets pickups were really messed with and they didn't have any of the stickers like they should. And when they handed me the broken LP junior I almost just got up and left and tried my luck buying off the internet.
Did you pick it up off the walls? Those are floor models and have a few miles in them.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Pretty much all of their guitars are used in the store, since anyone can pick one off the wall and play it
GO BRAVES
Quote by MetalGuitarest
There's like a whole thread about this.. lol yes lots of people have problems with them trying to sell yeh spiders

Lol you bought a spider
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
You shouldnt really worry about stickers, they acctually usually take all the stickers off the floor models anyways. Floor models generally usually arent neglected a whole lot anyways but if there are obvous problems with the pickups I would of done the same thing you did. The stickers on the pickups thing wouldnt have bothered me at all though.

Guitar Center is just like any other corporation. They seek money and if they will try to sell you whatever they can get you to put your hands on.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I've never had a problem with guitar center before. There people there are always helpful for me.
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody
Yeah I did pick it up off the walls, and I understand that they are pretty much all used but they were trying to sell ones that people bought and brought back as brand new guitars. This happened when I bought a recording software pack from them and I had to bring it back because it was already used and that copy of the software was licensed to someone else. They said it was new when I bought it and when I brought it back the would only take off $100 on a new recording pack...I hate guitar center but unfortunately my local guitar store doesn't sell the guitars i want.
fool *facepalm* there giving you display models to play, if u buy new at new price, ull get it brand new in a box, pickups with cellophane and everything. they cant give you a new one to play, then it wouldn't be new when someone brought it.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by bananahammock
fool *facepalm* there giving you display models to play, if u buy new at new price, ull get it brand new in a box, pickups with cellophane and everything. they cant give you a new one to play, then it wouldn't be new when someone brought it.

no they dont you get the one off the wall
Quote by Spowell8787
no they dont you get the one off the wall

yeah.. and when u get a new one, its in a box sealed and probably only ever played by the QC and the guy who set it up.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
All the guitar centers I go to don't have anything new in box and put everything on the floor.
I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but congratulations on your new guitar! They're great for the price.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
I've only been in Guitar Center twice. Both times I tried a Jaguar (The same guitar) And the second time i was there the tremolo lock was broken. This was two months after my first visit.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by bananahammock
yeah.. and when u get a new one, its in a box sealed and probably only ever played by the QC and the guy who set it up.

you're a fool if you try one off the wall, love it and then have them get a new one from the back for you, box sealed till you get home.

you might as well just buy off the internet.

if you bothered to go down to a shop and try guitars, you'd do yourself a huge favor if you tried the one you're actually taking home.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
when they sell **** used as new usually means its in good working condition but the two i go to here in florida are great there helpful have good stuff most of it is new so its probaly just the employees at that one that suck
i've never had problems there at all. all the guitars i've played were in good shape and seemed wired right.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
I haven't had any problems with my local Guitar Center, besides the guitars being consistently out of tune. Still, it's not my favorite music store.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
I have run into a few problems with Guitar center. Usually it's with the wiring. I went to try an ibanez, and there wasn't an input jack. At all. Just a hole! Pissed me off. Most of the amps didn't work.

The last time I was there, I wanted to set up in the sound room but didn't know anything about it (didn't know it was as simple as just plugging in the amp) and I asked a guy if he could help me and he said "yeah hold on let me get someone who knows how" and was left standing for about 10 mins.

Oh, and they priced an Ibanez RG120 (usually sold for around $200) at $500, and from what I could tell, there wasn't a single upgrade.
I feel like an ass. I bought a RG320 off the walls .. scratched up and strings upside down (high e where low e is supposed to be, etc)

and I paid full price ... dammit .. thank god I found craigslist haha
never had any issues like that. plsu my neighbor works at the GC in my town so i canget a heads up on ****.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
most GC's are like that, but you have to look at it from both ways. yeah, you want to go in and play the best guitars you can. but then again, they don't want kids coming and trashing up their nice guitars.

i heard a story the other day that GC was selling a $5000 Les Paul for $1900 because some kids had come in and used a key to scratch a good chunk of wood and paint off the headstock. thats just ****ed up. i'd watch people like a hawk, and keep the good stuff on the high shelves too!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Everything I've found at guitar center with issues

- Squier Cyclone - Loose output jack, loose tone knob
- Dean ML Dime-o-Flage - Output jack with NO SCREWS in the mounting plate
- Multiple guitars with edge mounted input jacks - Just a hole, as someone else said
- Fender Jaguar CP HH - no high E string, never did anything to fix that
- Stratocasters - Loose input jacks, one side of pickup falling into pickguard
- Ibanez - Missing neck pickup adjustment screw

If they were "used" I could understand, but these were ALL brand new instruments. All the mom and pop stores I go to, the brand new guitars have all their parts and work. That's why I buy there most of the time.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)