...saves pedal settings? For example, if you wanted to turn on your flanger, distortion, and delay all at once, is there a type of gear that can do that with one press of a button.

And sorry if this is confusing; its a hard question to ask
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

yes, there are midi setups that can do stuff like this. you can also have them rearrange you pedal chain and the such too. my friend even told me there are 'knob turning' mechanisms you can get that can be controlled by cc signals. kinda expensive though and i don't know much about them.

edit: and i don't mean midi effects, i am talking midi control of real world pedals.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Ok thank you. At least I know they're out there . Do you know where I can find more about them?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Yes, but to further elaborate what you need is a:

1. Midi controller. This like a larger footswitch with anywhere between 2 or 16 or more foot buttons like that that are found on pedals. You can also get them as keyboards but they arnt very effective for a guitar player trying to control his effects...
Ex: Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro MIDI Foot Controller

2. Effects proccessor(s). This is a effects unit that is midi compatable and focuses on either one effect or has multiple effects. This is not needed if you use a audio switcher changer sort of thing.
Ex: TC Electronics G Major 2

3. Guitar Audio Switcher. This is basically allows you to put your current stompbox pedals in multiple loops, then you can control the switcher to switch to the different loops using midi comands.
ex: Voodoo Lab GCX Guitar Audio Switcher

So basically you need to program the effects proccessors and audio switchers to work with the midi controller through foot comands. You can make 1 button do multiple things, and other configurations you wish to do. It can get quite confusing but when its all done and put together it makes it easyer to preform rather than doing a tap dancing show while playing guitar.

As for finding more about them, you can try googling midi controllers and related terms. Yuo can look at the manuals of midi products like the G major 2 and checking the products homepage for manuals, talk to people who own midi products and everything.

In short check the interwebz...
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
The easiest way to do that is a looper- something like this:
www.loooper.com
You can put your pedals in the loop and turn it on and off. It's not as flexible as midi switching, but it's also a lot cheaper and simpler.
Quote by gumbilicious
my friend even told me there are 'knob turning' mechanisms you can get that can be controlled by cc signals. kinda expensive though and i don't know much about them.

Or TIP 3rd hands:

And I agree with Colin, a bypass looper is the probably the way to go without spending tons.
THATS IT! wow, we really do live in the future.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae