Hey....nothing to special but i figured i'd show everyone my new slide i made on a lathe. Its a steel slide shaped like a glass bottle neck.....let me know what you think

I can understand the concept of casting/machining it from steel, but why would you want to put the 'lump' at the end of it? isn't that just uncomfortable?
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
I can understand the concept of casting/machining it from steel, but why would you want to put the 'lump' at the end of it? isn't that just uncomfortable?

i would think it would keep it from sliding too far down his finger. not sure tho
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
I can imagine that 'lump' would restrict mobility.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
i honestly haven't played slide much so i don't really know. But i know that there are a lot of people that play with a glass bottle neck and the 'lump' doesn't bother them.....For the most part i just thought it would be fun to replicate a glass bottle neck out of steel because it would be a little more of a challenge then a straight steel slide
im thinking that next I'm going to be casting a capo with a built in bottle opener on it
Quote by preston21
im thinking that next I'm going to be casting a capo with a built in bottle opener on it

Now that would be a useful invention. I can't think of the number of times I've been adjusting my capo, and though to myself 'I could really go for a speight's right about now'. If only I had thought about it last month, when I had access to a workshop...
looks pretty sweet =]

I have a bottleneck slide, and I think the only thing I don't like about it, is the top, or that lump bit restricts movement a bit could just be me, though..

and a capo bottle opener sounds sweet. the end of one of my capos looks like it could open bottles, but ..I tried. it cant
Quote by Boysie8
I can't think of the number of times I've been adjusting my capo, and though to myself 'I could really go for a speight's right about now'.

lol im sigging this if i have room.

man this looks sweet TS. makes me wanna get my lathe set up so i can build stuff...