'Sup, guys.

I'm currently saving up for a new amp head; I need something a little more reliable to replace my Bugera 333XL, it gives me the willies thinking it's gonna explode at any moment. I'm currently at about $800, and I've been looking at several amps. I think, though, I'm going to go with the Mesa Single Rectifier. I've played them before and I love the tone; I play mostly All Time Low/Fall Out Boy/Hit The Lights style pop-punk (no flames plz), and most of the bands I listen to have used Rectifiers at some point in their career, so the recto tone is suited to this genre. I like versatility and simplicity, too, as I play lots of genres on the side; I don't need more than two channels and 50 watts and the recto has enough gain options from high to low that I can do most anything with it. If anyone has any other suggestions that fit the bill, hit me with them, but the point of this thread is as follows:

Are there any common issues with the Single Recto I should be made aware of? I need something rock solid as far as reliability goes. I know the EQs on these amps can be finicky, but I'm willing to tweak, I do that anyway, haha. Are there any other common issues/complaints/concerns/miscellaneous things I should be aware of before I make a purchasing decision?
I have a dual rec roadster, it's kickass.

Blues-any metal.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
They're an acquired taste in tone, try one out if you haven't before. I've never heard of them having any issues, Mesa builds very solid amps. You should easily be able to pick one up for $800 used. I prefer the Rectoverb over the Single Recto, but maybe that's just me
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
It is such a rock solid reliable tone machine. Mine is about 10 years old and sounds great. You however, must get a MXR 10band eq and put it in the loop. You can dial out any fizziness and dial in lot's of thick tones. Go to the boogieboard forum, lots of help there. You can get a used one for $700-$850.
I just bought a triple rectifier a few days ago, and i am blown away by that amp... quite literally... it's loud as all hell. i was actually in the market for a mesa express or dual recto, but found a guy on craigslist selling this amp with a case, both mint, for about half what it was worth... couldn't pass on it.

anyway, i don't think you can go wrong with a mesa. i have been researching their amps for quite some time while i was looking to upgrade, and i never came across anything that would lead me to believe they had any reliability issues. i guess the only common issue with mesas would be high price lol.
Quote by jpatan
anyway, i don't think you can go wrong with a mesa. i have been researching their amps for quite some time while i was looking to upgrade, and i never came across anything that would lead me to believe they had any reliability issues. i guess the only common issue with mesas would be high price lol.

Mesas are built like fallout bunkers.

After a nuclear apocalypse... there're only be 3 things left.

In order of awesomeness...

3. Roaches
2. Boss pedals
1. Mesa/Boogie amps
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty

3. Roaches
2. Boss pedals
1. Mesa/Boogie amps

LOL
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
I just got an opportunity today to buy a Bogner XTC. I've been fretting over this all day today and decided to sell my Solo head to help fund it. Let me know if interested.
Quote by ragingkitty

3. Roaches
2. Boss pedals
1. Mesa/Boogie amps

And twinkies
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by westdyolf
And twinkies

O yeah, and twinkies.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.