So i'm in a 3 man band with 2 of my friends and im 14 right now(going to be 15 in jan.) and the drummer is going to be 18 in a little, and the bassist is 17 right now. We have been jamming for months and we sound good, the drummer is vey talented and the bassist is ok. I was asking you guys if this will make any problems and if there are any ways to resolve the problems
it only causes problems if there is a difference in maturity and life goals
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Drmckool

Yeah.

My band's drummer is 15, me and the other guitarist are 16 and the bassist is 18.

But everyone is pretty skilled, plus we all get along, so I don't see any problems.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Quote by Drmckool

This.
I'm 18 and the youngest member of my band, other members are 24, 35, 50 and 5...4ish I think.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by Drmckool

I'm also afraid that when we start making original songs that when I make a suggestion that I will just be overruled because I am younger than them.
Quote by Bhale1288
I'm also afraid that when we start making original songs that when I make a suggestion that I will just be overruled because I am younger than them.

Just don't take that crap, you're an equal member of the band and everyones voice needs to be heard if it's going to work.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
In my band, I'm fifteen and the bassist is eighteen. But we are best friends .
In my current two bands, I'm the youngun

In one, our bassist is 38 and drummer is 41

In the other, the rhythm guitarist is almost 47

I tend to play with people much older than me because while I borrow a lot from the grunge/alt-rock side of things, I identify more stylistically with the 1980's rock scene. With folks around my own age, this causes a lot of problems because the whole 90's+ paradigm I have found is to tune down super low, scream a lot, and have an aversion toward guitar solos. With the 80's crowd, they give me **** at first for using "Surf Guitars" at worst, but tend to shut up once I play.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
I was in a band with me (16 at the time), the drummer who was 19, and the vocalist/guitarist who was 29. I might have been the most mature. Just treat them like an equal, and hopefully they'll treat you the same, or if not, at least give you respect.
Last edited by iwannabesedated at Oct 5, 2009,
in my band are youngerest person is 11 lol but he's really good so its not a problem
point is, it doesnt matter what age you are

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Thanks I think I can consider myself one of the better musicians out of the three. And probably the most dedication of the three of us.
Im 18, the other guitarist is 17, the basist is 15 and the drummer is 21. So yeah, no big deal.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
It depends - I would say that there's some slight issues that are likely because of how young you are. You're still at school, which takes up *so* much time when the others might well want to practice. You won't be able to drink for ages, so when they're all off at bars you're likely to miss out on band social activities (not to mention, potentially causing problems if the places where you play don't want underage kids in there). These are lesser problems when everyone in the band is young, but if it does cause problems for whatever reason your bandmates might decide that it'd be easier with an older musician.

That said, don't worry about it until there are problems. Might be that you're like Angus Young, who was something like 15 years younger than Bon Scott. If you're mature enough to fit in with them, and can work around the issues, there's nobody going to say 'that's not a proper band because they've got a kid in it'.
no mate.me and our basist are 19. other guitarist and frontman are 18 and our drummer is 26-27

as long you have fun doing music there is no problem
so long as you all act adult and listen to each other's opinions you'll be straight. I'm the oldest in a band with people 1 and 3yrs younger than me. The only problem we had was we broke up when I went off to college. We've since gotten back together and have recommenced the music
If you're younger, and you're not on the same level or better, it's gonna be a problem -- I'd say unless you could definitely carry that band with your instrument as the youngest member, it's not really a safe move.

Understand where you are as a player -- if you're really gonna look like a kid, musically, next to these guys, you will only be holding them back. If you're going to be on the same level or above them, ti's gonna look really good for you and the band. This is a mature decision on it's own
Me-16
Bass-17
Drums-18
Vocals-21

No problems.
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Let me tell you the age of my band members.. we have played together for QUITE a while now...

Me - 20
singer - 30
drummer - 34
bass player - 34
female singer 28

so you see i am the youngest but we all get along find and have very similar mindsets.

its not about age just interests...
This thread is now about the ages of your band members.

drums- 17
bass-15
vocals- 16
lead guitar (me) -15
rhythm guitar -14
keys -18

no problems at all. we chill together like on a daily basis.