Does anyone else out there find it really hard to let go of a guitar?

I sold a mediocre guitar so that I could get something with a locking trem on it. I love my new guitar, but I saw my old guitar in the store, and I started to feel sad.

Lately I've been almost obsessed with getting it back. Luckily, its not something super rare, so I don't think its going to fly off of the shelf, but if it does...its going to really bother me.

Am I insane? I'm willing to pay an extra 50 bucks than what I got for it, just to get it back.

Does anyone else get this attached to their instruments?
Life sucks.

People get emotionally attached to instruments.

My Golden Rule is: "If you think you're going to miss it, you will. If you think you won't, you will."
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Well, I'll know not to sell another guitar. I need this one back though. Its a like a hunger that I just can't satisfy!
hahah i know what you mean bro.. i never sell my guitars.. i just save like mad to buy a new one..
Quote by DJ_Inferno2000
hahah i know what you mean bro.. i never sell my guitars.. i just save like mad to buy a new one..

I wish I had the patience at the time.
Actually yes, I recently sold my Squier (My second guitar) and I still miss it even though i really never liked it.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
I could never sell one of my guitars. Never....

Now if only my family understood that having a guitar isn't just some investment that you can fling around to get deals on others. They really become a part of you
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by SLonergan
Does anyone else out there find it really hard to let go of a guitar?

I sold a mediocre guitar so that I could get something with a locking trem on it. I love my new guitar, but I saw my old guitar in the store, and I started to feel sad.

Lately I've been almost obsessed with getting it back. Luckily, its not something super rare, so I don't think its going to fly off of the shelf, but if it does...its going to really bother me.

Am I insane? I'm willing to pay an extra 50 bucks than what I got for it, just to get it back.

Does anyone else get this attached to their instruments?

I do. My Squire is an absolute piece of ****......but it's my first piece of ****. My other guitars just have something significant about them and I wouldn't sell them. I'm up to 4, and am wondering how it's gonna go once I get up to 6 or 7, and am out of room.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Natrone
I could never sell one of my guitars. Never....

Now if only my family understood that having a guitar isn't just some investment that you can fling around to get deals on others. They really become a part of you

I'd generally agree with that.

However, sometimes... there are some guitars which just don't grow on ya.

One thing though... a first guitar is like a first love. You never really forget about it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I haven't actually sold a guitar but I know that if I do I will regret so just don't sell them
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
Last edited by War_Demon at Oct 5, 2009,
I sold my first guitar, an epi sg special. I don't miss it at all. That's probably because the money went right in to making my rig a whole lot bettter. My MK is amazing though. but I was thinking for a while of trading a guy for his neckthrough Ibanez. He had thrown in some emgs and added an 18v mod. I ended up deciding I'd miss the MK way too much and decided to keep it and just save up for a nicer guitar.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
I buy an sell guitars like I change socks and I have had several go thru my hands I regret selling but there is always another to come thru that I will actually keep. I try and not get attached to a guitar because if not I wouldn't make any money and I would need a warehouse to hold them all. As it is I have about 70 guitars I am keeping that has taken over my living room!

John
I had an Epiphone SG Custom Alpine White with EMG's. Sold it because the neck dive on the guitar was so annoying and the guitar needed just a touch of fretwork to remove excessive buzzing. I havent missed it one bit.....I missed my starter Ibanez that I gave away to my brother in law more than the SG.
I sold my first guitar and I hope I never see it again, that little bitch only got me $150.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
I sold my first guitar and I hope I never see it again, that little bitch only got me $150.

I was in this situation. But if i ever sold my Telecaster (which i would only do in an extreme case) i would be devastated.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
i have a couple that i wont sell-- and a couple i will sell
some just aren't right for you
i had a cheap fender starcaster...and i'm wishing i had it, i gave it to guitar center, got like $10 buck's for it or something....the bridge didn't work right so it didn't have a 1st string, and it sounded bad but i should have just kept it and hung in on the wall, it looked good