This one's pretty interesting. I tried some odd things here, backwards guitars and weird feedback noises, it's pretty trippy. I also tried out using a pitch shifter to lower my guitar an octave, and I put a bass track down, so please tell me how it sounds, not only in terms of the tone and stuff but the actual bass parts. One other thing, I kinda forgot to put a solo down at one part, at 5:29, so tell me if you think it would sound better with or without a solo there.

That's pretty much it, please check it out and I will return the favor!

Thanks!
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
Quote by GuyWithOneEye
This one's pretty interesting. I tried some odd things here, backwards guitars and weird feedback noises, it's pretty trippy. I also tried out using a pitch shifter to lower my guitar an octave, and I put a bass track down, so please tell me how it sounds, not only in terms of the tone and stuff but the actual bass parts. One other thing, I kinda forgot to put a solo down at one part, at 5:29, so tell me if you think it would sound better with or without a solo there.

That's pretty much it, please check it out and I will return the favor!

Thanks!

Jesus dude you must like a smoke after hearing that!

Anyway i thought it was very good, the first bit was very Floyd like as you said, maybe use a strat instead of superstrat or w/e you have and tone down with the gain. The last bit would have been better if you did a swingy beat like in One of these days (im going to cut you into little pieces), because it goes from very floyd to very 80s rock/metal.

Anyway i thought it was great and enjoyable.

Crit me (on my page)
Hey man, I like the song.

It's probably just a matter of personal preference, but I think the first trippy bit was bodacious, but I wasn't a fan when the distorted guitars came in. But as I said, it's probably just a matter of personal taste.

I like the way you used the backwards playing - It was done very tastefully indeed (When I find an effect I like, I absolutely beat it into the ground through overuse).

This isn't a criticism per say, but have you ever thought of turning them into two seperate songs?

I like how the second part came in though. It was quite dramatic, but it worked quite well, not like when two different song sound like they've been stuck together back to back.

Yeah, good job, man!

Care to critique mine please?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1210234
Thanks guys, I left you both crit.

I did think about doing a swing type beat, but I felt that the song was already a little too similar to Shine On You Crazy Diamond, and SOYCD has a swing beat in one of the two of them, so I didn't want to rip them off. Of course I also didn't think it would fit very well. But at what part exactly did you mean?

I've considered splitting a few of my songs, but I think it would be better to think of that when I'm planning a real album.
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
this is great man. everything seems to fit and i like the effects you used. i think the rythem is fine. look at`what kid rock did with sweet home alabama. dont be afraid to rip people off cause they prab ripped it off of someone. i do think its a bit long. like you said maybe breaking some of youre songs into 2 or 3 diff songs with 1 idea might get better results. just a thought. i liked it allot though.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21879671#post21879671