So, ive been wanting to try this for a while, and i finally did it. I tuned the b string on my guitar up to a c, and now I can do 3 string power chords on the e a and now d string with ease. I love it, It makes things so much easier. now I know its not practical for alot of styles of music, but I listen to punk rock, so It works out when Im writing punk songs. Now my question is, does anyone else do this, or do you know a famous guitarist who does do this.

PS. I am now asking if you think i should do this, cuz im gonna do it no matter what anyone says.
i think eddie van halen does something like that
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
do you mean tuning the low e to a D? how would changing the B string change powerchords on the bottom 3 strings at all?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
do you mean tuning the low e to a D? how would changing the B string change powerchords on the bottom 3 strings at all?

No he's talking about the fifth sting which is normally tuned to a fourth.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
I don't see the point. I mean, if you can't think fast enough to change power chord shape on higher strings, you've got some work to do. Sorry, dude, but it's just lazy.
Quote by Balmazer
No he's talking about the fifth sting which is normally tuned to a fourth.

what? he said he tunes the b (second string) up to a c correct? how does changing the b string (second string) change how you would play a powerchord on the D (4th), A (5th), and E (6th) strings at all?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
what? he said he tunes the b (second string) up to a c correct? how does changing the b string (second string) change how you would play a powerchord on the D (4th), A (5th), and E (6th) strings at all?

I think when OP said he can play powerchords on the D, A, and E strings, he meant that he can make the roots be on any of those, not E string 3 finger powerchords.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
I think when OP said he can play powerchords on the D, A, and E strings, he meant that he can make the roots be on any of those, not E string 3 finger powerchords.

oh, well that makes more sense haha

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400