Set aside the hate for Line 6 Spider's away for a minute, and actually review the amp, not being biased by old Spider hatred.

Honestly, I don't think the amp is that bad. It's got a lot of versatility and doesn't actually sound bad. It is kind of sad to see the hatred for the amp based on the crap by it's predecessors.

Have any of you actually played this amp without bias? If so, could you give me your opinion of this amp
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
My first non-starter amp was a Line 6 Spider III. I was bummed when I got a magazine from Guitar Center a month or two later saying that they had Spider IV amps in stock for the exact same price as my Spider III T-T Anyway, I personally like my Spider III. I've messed around a little with a Spider IV & I wish I could trade in my Spider III for a Spider IV. I think I'm gonna head to Guitar Center next weekend so I can mess around with it again ^-^
Yeah, it wouldnt be a starter amp for me, I was deciding between it and a Bugera 333/Bugera 6262/Peavey ValveKing, and I just don't know if I feel like having the hassle of tubes.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
I haven't used this yet, but according to what I've read on the Line 6 Site, It seems like it could be extremely useful, also considering you can customize up to 6 parameters despite presets. I don't know man I might go find one and check it out.
Quote by Lovecannon
I just don't know if I feel like having the hassle of tubes.

Umm... what hassle of tubes?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Umm... what hassle of tubes?

Buying new tubes when they crap out, monitoring bias, x_x. The tube amps in my price range aren't exactly known for reliability as well... I mean if I could, I would get a Peavey 5150/6505 in a heartbeat :\
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
Buying new tubes when they crap out, monitoring bias, x_x. The tube amps in my price range aren't exactly known for reliability as well... I mean if I could, I would get a Peavey 5150/6505 in a heartbeat :\

Well, Spider HD150s aren't that reliable. I had one catch fire last week (although it was probably because it had only been plugged into a mono cab, these amps NEED 2 outputs).

As for tube amps, biasing is not a problem you should worry about. Most amps in your price range are cathode biased, and a lot tougher than many solidstate amps.

If you still want the Spider IV, I recommend getting the 75w over the HD150 - same features, but without the unnecessary stereo power amp.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by Lovecannon

You're not going to be buying tubes very often... probably once every two years, maybe more, maybe a bit less depending on how much you play it and at what volumes. You don't need to "monitor the bias," you set it correctly and you're fine.

Used 5150s sell for ~$500. If you have enough money to buy a Bugera new, you have enough money to buy a 5150 used.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com