Page 1 of 4
So being only one warning away from a perma I decided to do something useful for the Pit and so I present to you

THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS THREAD

This is the place where you can discuss the movies, the animated series, the books, the action figures,whether Han shot first and of course whether Luke actually had a thing for Leia

Useful Sites

(I will not link as that could be taken as advertising)
Wookiepedia

The Force.net

Star Wars.com

Plot

Like you don't know

The prequel trilogy follows the upbringing of Anakin Skywalker, who is discovered by the Jedi Knight Qui-Gon Jinn. He is believed to be the "Chosen One" foretold by Jedi prophecy to bring balance to the Force. The Jedi Council, led by Yoda, sense that his future is clouded with fear, but reluctantly allows Qui-Gon's apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi to train Anakin after Qui-Gon is killed by the Sith Lord Darth Maul.

At the same time, the planet Naboo is under attack, and its ruler, Queen Padmé Amidala, seeks the assistance of the Jedi to repel the attack. The Sith Lord Darth Sidious secretly planned the attack to give his alias, Senator Palpatine, a pretense to overthrow the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic. The remainder of the prequel trilogy chronicles Anakin's fall to the dark side, as Sidious attempts to create an army to defeat the Jedi and lure Anakin to be his apprentice.

Anakin and Padmé fall in love and secretly wed, and eventually Padme becomes pregnant. Anakin soon succumbs to his anger, becoming the Sith Lord Darth Vader. While Sidious re-organizes the Republic into the Galactic Empire, Vader participates in the extermination of the Jedi Order, culminating in a lightsaber battle between him and Obi-Wan.

After defeating his former apprentice, Obi-Wan leaves Vader for dead. However, Sidious arrives shortly after to save him and put him into a suit of black armor that keeps him alive. At the same time, Padmé dies while giving birth to twins. The twins are hidden from Vader and are not told who their true parents are.

The original trilogy begins 19 years later as Vader nears completion of the massive Death Star space station which will allow him and Sidious, now the Emperor, to crush the rebellion which has formed against the evil empire. He captures Princess Leia Organa who has stolen the plans to the Death Star and hidden them in droid R2-D2.

R2-D2, along with his counterpart C-3PO, escape to the planet Tatooine. There, the droids are purchased by Luke Skywalker, son of Anakin, and his step-uncle and aunt. While Luke is cleaning R2-D2, he accidentally triggers a message put into the robot by Leia, who asks for assistance from Obi-Wan. Luke later assists the droids in finding the Jedi Knight, who is now passing as an old hermit under the alias Ben Kenobi.

Obi-Wan tells Luke of his father's greatness, but says that he was killed by Vader. Obi-Wan and Luke hire the Corellian space pilot and smuggler Han Solo and his Wookiee co-pilot Chewbacca to take them to the rebels. Obi-Wan begins to teach Luke about the Force, but allows himself to be killed in a showdown with Vader during the rescue of Leia. His sacrifice allows the group to escape with the plans that allow the rebels to destroy the Death Star.

Vader continues to hunt down the rebels, and begins building a second Death Star. Luke travels to find Yoda to become trained as a Jedi, but is interrupted when Vader lures him into a trap by capturing Han and the others. Vader reveals that he is Luke's father and attempts to turn him to the dark side. Luke escapes, and returns to his training with Yoda. He learns that he must face his father before he can become a Jedi, and that Leia is his twin sister.

As the rebels attack the second Death Star, Luke confronts Vader under the watch of the Emperor. Instead of convincing Luke to join the dark side, the young Jedi defeats Vader in a lightsaber duel and is able to convince him that there is still some good in him. Vader kills the Emperor before succumbing to his own injuries, and the second Death Star is destroyed, restoring freedom to the galaxy.

So with all that done please discuss these wonderful timeless epics!
Who's scruffy looking?

that is all. good day.
I have no opinion on this matter.
****in A

I watched the 3rd one yesterday, was still awesome, but I love the originals the most probably. And I'm pretty sure luke did have a thing for Leia TS
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
I had a SW marathon the other weekend, watched the original trilogy back to back.

Best weekend ever, although the missis was far from impressed.

So, who else owns the Encyclopedia and the Guide to Droids?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
V > VI > IV > III > II > I

yeap
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by metacarpi
I had a SW marathon the other weekend, watched the original trilogy back to back.

Best weekend ever, although the missis was far from impressed.

So, who else owns the Encyclopedia and the Guide to Droids?

I tried that once with a group of friends and we watched them in the order they were released and when we finished number 6 we all decided that we didnt want to see 1 or 2 again (as they are ass) so we skipped to number 3
YES! Star wars is the best.

But I was gonna go to the Tache station and pick up some power converterrrrsss!
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by lordofthefood1
V > VI > IV > III > II > I

yeap
+1
exactly this.
Quote by davrossss
I tried that once with a group of friends and we watched them in the order they were released and when we finished number 6 we all decided that we didnt want to see 1 or 2 again (as they are ass) so we skipped to number 3

I could never understand why people who dislike episodes 1 and 2 liked episode 3.

It was still filled to the brim with things that annoyed me about 1 and 2, even if it did regain a little credibility by chopping Anakins legs off whilst his face melted.

Maybe I just don't get the newer ones full stop.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Zugunruhe
+1
exactly this.

Anybody who argues otherwise will be ignored!

I caught VI on TV the other day (Spike?) and it was the like super duper version. I was very disappointed in it, the scene was pretty stupid (something about a musical or something? In Jabba's Palace). Sigh, why did you do that, Lucas!?
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I'm pretty sure, in IV, in the first scece when they are walking on the ship with Vader, one of them hits there head on the door

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBQaLuqwtl8
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Last edited by splamron at Oct 5, 2009,
Number 3 was better than the others for 1 reason.....The special effects looked good in the original trilogy they looked good cause nothing was done in a computer and now in number three they had the technology for the first time in the star wars franchise to make it look good hence decent movie.....also not too much Jar Jar

God I hate that thing
Quote by splamron
I'm pretty sure, in IV, in the first scece when they are walking on the ship with Vader, one of them hits there head on the door

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBQaLuqwtl8

Hahaha nice find!!

I'm afraid to watch the old movies again because it'll ruin some of my childhood legendary awe that I had the first time I watched them.
Hi!

Sig Retired.
if any of you were to have a star wars marathon

would you watch the movies in order of release? or in order of numerical value?
Quote by spitonastranger
if any of you were to have a star wars marathon

would you watch the movies in order of release? or in order of numerical value?

Order of release..... as it should be

But that poses the question

What order do people new to the franchise watch them in?

cause if they watch them in chronological order they dont get the "I am your father" twist
Quote by davrossss
Number 3 was better than the others for 1 reason.....The special effects looked good in the original trilogy they looked good cause nothing was done in a computer and now in number three they had the technology for the first time in the star wars franchise to make it look good hence decent movie.....also not too much Jar Jar

God I hate that thing

*insert rage face here*
Quote by GLP_Arclite

By the way which Star Wars character do you think is the most badass?

I think its either

or....

^^ Just cause he has a penis for a head....and that takes balls
Quote by metacarpi
*insert rage face here*

Here you go.

(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
Here you go.

(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

I don't think I've seen you post today without using that!

And as for most badass character, Darth Maul isn't in the running. He had so much potential, and the way he was built up I thought he was going to be single handedly slaughtering everything in sight, including that giant sea monster at the start.

Instead he was killed by a Padawan. Granted it was Obi-Wan, but still.

In terms of Badass, it's got to be Vader. Or maybe Grand Moff Tarkin for telling Vader off in Episode 4 (even though Vader force chokes the **** out him). That's gotta take some guts to tell off a 7 foot bionic killing machine with magic powers and a sword that can cut through anything.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by davrossss

They kissed man WTF!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by guitarxo
I have a confession to make......

I actually like Jar Jar.

The exit's over there ------------->

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by guitarxo

I actually like Jar Jar.

We don't like your kind here
*looks at the Jar Jar fan and unleashs force lighting upon his poor soul*

You were saying?.....

Lol :P
"I don't claim you'll have a better time with Colt 45...but why take chances" - Billy Dee Williams
Quote by J.Rodier
*looks at the Jar Jar fan and unleashs force lighting upon his poor soul*

You were saying?.....

Lol :P

Quote by guitarxo

I actually like Jar Jar.

(۳ ˚Д˚۳
Wtfisthis****!?!??
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
Wtfisthis****!?!??

Do you think its getting a bit old?
Quote by Minkaro
Chewbacca is obviously the most badass character. He dies by getting hit by a moon.

Say what?
If you want to watch all the movies back to back, you must do it IV > V > VI > I > II > III, otherwise you miss out all the revalations like:
Vader is Luke's dad
Leia is Lukes sister
Yoda isn't some swamp hermit who wants to steal Luke's food and is a Jedi master
etc.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I liked that the original trilogy took that idea of a classic hero and then remade it into something fantastic and new......I disagree with you completely
I like the prequels too. III is probably my favourite Star Wars movie, followed by the V and VI, then II.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by davrossss
Say what?

*spoiler*
In the EU novel, Vector Prime, a race of extra-galactic aliens drop a moon on Chewie, and Han becomes an alcoholic.
*end spoiler*

Also, as far as most badass Star Wars character goes, it has to be Porkins.

All too easy.
Quote by Minkaro
Chewbacca is obviously the most badass character. He dies by getting hit by a moon.

Chewbacca? Dead? Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

(And yes I read your spoiler, but still.... Nooooo!!!!!!!!!)
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
In primary school this one kid in my class could do a really good Jar-Jar impersonation. So what do you think he pretended to be for the rest of his pre-pubescent half-life?
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Quote by davrossss
l

This guy
DeVillains!
Page 1 of 4