so I want to find a cabinet for the titan I'm getting, but I don't know where to start. I'm looking for a 2x12, but I'll consider 4x12's as well.

I want something that'll be punchy, huge sounding, good bass response, and smooth. I also want something that'll help cut through the mix and will not sound muddy when turned up.

Someone on craigslist is offering me a genz-benz 2x12 cabinet for 350, so I'd like to know how they are. There's also an oversized bogner 2x12 cab going for 500 in my local store.

I'm not sure if V-30's will be my thing because I know that Titan's can be a little over the top on the treble, so I don't want my sound to be too shrill or piercing.

thanks
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
The G-Flex cabs are awesome. The one I had sounded "bigger" than my 4x12s, they are very nicely balanced sounding cabs with HUGE, tight lowends. I would still have mine if I didn't get such an awesome trade offer on it That being said, I'd try to talk him down, I've seen quite a few lately for ~$250.

I love the Bogner 2x12s, they sound awesome IMO. There's also a Mesa 2x12 on the Boogie Board that some guy has been tryin to sell for $300 shipped, crazy deal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Maybe the Celestion 12T-75 is what you are looking for, other suggestions would be some other form of the G12 (the H or the 12K comes to mind) and the Classic Lead. You could always use the copies from WGS or the Eminence equivalents.

It would almost be easier to buy an empty Lopoline Cab and buy your own speakers.

Another option would be Vader cabs.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by MatrixClaw
The G-Flex cabs are awesome. The one I had sounded "bigger" than my 4x12s, they are very nicely balanced sounding cabs with HUGE, tight lowends. I would still have mine if I didn't get such an awesome trade offer on it That being said, I'd try to talk him down, I've seen quite a few lately for ~$250.

I love the Bogner 2x12s, they sound awesome IMO. There's also a Mesa 2x12 on the Boogie Board that some guy has been tryin to sell for $300 shipped, crazy deal.

350 is the talked down price he was asking for 450

i hear that the g-flex suck when it comes to cleans though. how does it compare to, say, the bogner and mesa?

and seriously? 300 shipped? i'm sure he won't ship it here though.

Quote by _KurtCobain_77
Maybe the Celestion 12T-75 is what you are looking for, other suggestions would be some other form of the G12 (the H or the 12K comes to mind) and the Classic Lead. You could always use the copies from WGS or the Eminence equivalents.

It would almost be easier to buy an empty Lopoline Cab and buy your own speakers.

yeah, i think the 75 maybe what I'm looking for too. i hear it's a more smoother speaker compared to the v-30.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by _KurtCobain_77

+1 to the WGS Vet30s. I hear they take the shrillness out of the V30 as a clone.

I run an Avatar closed back 212 Jinskee with a G12H30 and Classic Lead 80 and it handles mids and bass very well.

Your location has to be factored in so if MC says the G-flex will work well you may just have to snag that before someone else does.
^I'd get an avatar, but I don't really want to bother with the shipping hassle.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/msg/1409806890.html

should I go for it? I don't know much about the classic lead 80's. Could someone tell me about them? thanks

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
That looks like a pretty good deal Jinsk, if you don't mind lugging it around. Frankly, I think you would be fine with a 212 but it does make sense to buy used and if that is what is available do it up.

I don't know if I can explain speakers real well outside of what I've told you about it already.

Actually, this link explains it pretty well. I think it would be a good fit with the Titan and mixed with the V30s.

http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/products/classic/detail.asp?ID=8

good luck