First & foremost, I'm not interested in your opinions on MM, so flame-shield up!

I'm not really an expert on metal, so I'm not sure what genre the band fall under.. Industrial? Anyway, how would I go about getting the guitar tone? Think The Beautiful People, Lunchbox etc. I've tried other high-gain metal settings like Metallica's, but It's nothing like the MM sound. Also, the ultimate settings thread doesn't offer anything.

Thanx in advance for you help, my gears in my sig.
Chitarre:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
1969 Fender Competition Mustang Bass (Competition Red)
Amplificatore:
Orange Thunderverb 50 head
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
I remember seeing one of their videos where the guitarist kicks on a DS-1 for distortion. Don't know if that is what they really use though, plus they change guitarists a lot.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
for that kind of stuff through a Rockerverb you would be crazy not get an Overdrive pedal to tighten things up. Hell, maybe 2 of them. You set the Gain on '0' and the Level on '10'.

I can't imagine needing a DS-1 with a Rockerverb.
My recommendation for playing any Manson is to turn the volume to 0. You'll find it really improves the sound.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
My recommendation for playing any Manson is to turn the volume to 0. You'll find it really improves the sound.

Oh wait...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by VanTheKraut

+1

lol!
ibanez rg370dx (Crunchlab/Area 58/Liquifire)
ibanez rgr320ex (EMG 81/85)
ibanez grx20 (Super 3/PAF PRO)
ibanez gsr205 bass
randall rh150 head
avatar 2x12 contemporary cab (GK-100's)
boss GT8
ibanez weeping demon wah
line 6 ux1
I'm going to report this thread if people can't come up with something constructive to say.

It clearly states in the rules no flaming of gear or bands is allowed. If you don't have something constructive to say, don't post.

Quote by unininium
Guitar Geek is your friend (well - for popular bands at least):

John 5 rig

Well John only played during the middle 4 albums - Manson's first three albums featured someone different and his last two albums have featured someone different.

So if the TS is looking for the tone from late 90's/early 00's then John's rig would be a helpful guide.
ask zim zum himself

http://www.myspace.com/zimzum
ibanez gsr205 bass
randall rh150 head
boss GT8
ibanez weeping demon wah
line 6 ux1
Quote by i_am_metalhead

zim zum was only in the band from '96-'98 and was only on one album.

That would be like saying "Ask Dave Mustaine how to get a good Metallica tone"

nope, i don't know since when he was on the band, maybe from 'smell like children' but he recorded and toured on the 'antichrist superstar' album, AND recorded the 'mechanical animals' album then he left and john5 joined

the guy refers to the beautiful people's tone so, asking john5 wouldn't as exact as zimzum
ibanez gsr205 bass
randall rh150 head
boss GT8
ibanez weeping demon wah
line 6 ux1
Quote by korn56
nope, i don't know since when he was on the band, maybe from 'smell like children' but he recorded and toured on the 'antichrist superstar' album, AND recorded the 'mechanical animals' album then he left and john5 joined

the guy refers to the beautiful people's tone so, asking john5 wouldn't as exact as zimzum

Although John 5 could copy zim zum's tone better than zim zum himself could - the man is master at mimicking tones
i think i remember seeing somewhere john 5 used an ibanez ds-7 for a while. i tried one when i found that out and it seemed pretty good.

the difference between metallica tone and MM tone (as asked in OP): MM - less bass, more mids, maybe slightly more treble, fizzier distortion, moderate output passive pickups. start there, go try out a few pedals and see where it gets u.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Awesome thanx for all the help guys.. I was leaning towards an OD pedal. The DS-1 does appeal sound wise for this kind of thing, but as someone said, I probably couldn't justify it with the RV. I'll have a play around anyway.
Chitarre:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
1969 Fender Competition Mustang Bass (Competition Red)
Amplificatore:
Orange Thunderverb 50 head
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
The DS-1 is a distortion, the SD-1 is an overdrive - just to clarify as you're mentioning Overdrive and the DS-1 in such close proximity.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Manson (imo) is hard rock... so look for stuff that is geared toward that.
Its a rather 'digital' sounding tone, sort of like old Rammstein. Have a look at the AMT Du Hast pedal.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis