I need some advice/help/something here.

I've made a few threads on this, and since then I've finally been sent to the damn physio (which they said they'd do TWO years ago).

only thing is I've never had anything like this done before and I don't know what the hell they're going to do.

So, what should I expect?
What is physio?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
What are you having physio for?

Good morning Slacker!

it's for my wrist, I've got suspected CTS (carpel tunnel syndrome) or RSI.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Good morning Slacker!

Too much time on ze laptop could have caused this.
Or dodgy wrist angles playing guitar.
Quote by Momentosis
What is physio?

Physiotherapy.

I had it after breaking my ankle a couple of years ago - and had to brush my teeth standing on one leg on a pillow for about 6 months.

What happens/treatment will depend on what you're getting it for.
Evolution 101

Get down Moses - part another sea,
Carve another tablet out of L.S.D.
My boyfriend is meant to be having physio for his shoulder being a bit fucked up, but he's still on a waiting list - about 2 years after his injury happened

So i'm not any immediate help, but I don't imagine they'll make you do anything that causes you pain.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Good morning Slacker!

Hmmm, that sounds strange because as far as I know, physiotherapy is pretty useless for either of these complaints, especially CTS.
Although if it's repetitive strain unjury, it's possible that they will give you strengthening exercises to do to strengthen your wrist, but that's generaly done as a preventative measure.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Oct 5, 2009,
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Hmmm, that sounds strange because as far as I know, physiotherapy is pretty useless for either of these complaints, especially CTS.
Although it's possible that they will give you strengthening exercises to do to strengthen your wrist, but that's generaly done as a preventative measure.

I know someone who's had it.
Most of the time they have to wear a strengthening brace thing on their wrist, but they do have an occasional bit of physio.

I agree that it seems a bit useless...
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I know someone who's had it.
Most of the time they have to wear a strengthening brace thing on their wrist, but they do have an occasional bit of physio.

I agree that it seems a bit useless...

Yeah, possibly wearing the brace will create the need for physio as it holds the wrist in one position, which obviously leads to stiffness, so the occasional physio session may be needed to loosen it up.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Oct 5, 2009,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Good morning Slacker!

How is physio going to help solve CTS? It can be solved easily by routine surgery.