Hi,

I just got the Line 6 TonePort GX as a birthday gift and I use it with Guitar Rig 3 and I love the sound. However, I use as well Akoustik Piano via MIDI for my Korg SP-250 which puts out sound through the internal Speakers.

I would like to set up a system where I can switch from Guitar to Piano without having to disconnect the headphones from either the Macbook Pro or the TonePort GX when switching between playing the Guitar and the Piano.

I have tried having the sound from Akoustik Piano to go through TonePort GX. The sound from Akoustik Piano when put through the TonePort crackles a lot.

How can I get Guitar Rig 3 to play through the internal speakers on the macbook pro? I found some articles discussing configuring an Aggregate Device but that doesn't seem to work (might be because I am doing something wrong).

Should I try setting up Ableton Live 7 or Logic Studio to handle my Piano/Guitar sounds? I could buy Logic but I prefer to stick with Ableton Live 7. How do I set Ableton with my Guitar Rig/Guitar? I have no problems setting it up with Akoustik Piano/Piano.

Cheers
Fender Stratocaster Standard American - MBP 15" - Guitar Rig 4 - ATH A900 - Acoustic Piano
^Download Reaper instead of Ableton. It is free and waaaaayyy better.

also, use POD farm instead of Guitar Rig
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Thanks for the reply. I would prefer to stick to the original plan of using Ableton Live and Guitar Rig. I will try out the programs mentioned though.
Fender Stratocaster Standard American - MBP 15" - Guitar Rig 4 - ATH A900 - Acoustic Piano
Any other advice besides using Pod Farm and Reaper?
have you tried putting a cable from the headphone output on the toneport to the microphone in on your mac? does your mac have a mic in? lol buy a pc
FTW!
I would prefer not to use cables from the GX to the Mac. Would prefer a neater solution than that. Thanks.