NOT THE CANADIAN ONE

English heavy metal band with one album out at the moment that i've had on repeat for a while now.

Myspace

Awesome vocal harmonies and epic sounding songs with cool lyrical themes.

Any fans here?
pretty good from what im hearing, and the vocals are pretty decent.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
This band is AWESOME. I can't wait to hear their new album with their new vocalist (although I actually liked the vocals on their debut). For such a young band these guys crank out some awesome riffs/leads and produce some very epic songs. Excalibur is easily my favorite song from this band...sooo good..also Pipes of Pan is a delicious slab of heavy metal, but the whole album is very solid from start to finish.

TS, have you heard their new EP?
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
@ how half this thread is talk about the canadian one...

...As for this band, I like them. Those vocals are absolutely devastating, the folky or celtic, whatever you want to call it, feel is immense. Humongous words can only be used to describe this band.
Quote by Penisaur
This band is AWESOME. I can't wait to hear their new album with their new vocalist (although I actually liked the vocals on their debut). For such a young band these guys crank out some awesome riffs/leads and produce some very epic songs. Excalibur is easily my favorite song from this band...sooo good..also Pipes of Pan is a delicious slab of heavy metal, but the whole album is very solid from start to finish.

TS, have you heard their new EP?

Aye the EP is some good stuff, although i also preferred the vocals from the debut when the guitarist did them. Plus the ending to Excalibur is one of my favourite sections of any song ever

On a related note i didn't know the guitarist plays in Cloven Hoof now too.
^ Cool, I'll have to pick up the EP eventually..even though there's technically only 2 songs on it.

And I haven't heard the new vocalist yet, but everyone else has been saying that this new guy is loads better, but, then again, I'm in the minority who enjoyed the vox on the s/t.
The myspace link in the first post has the rerecording of Wizard of Alderly Edge with the new singer on it.
I just listened to it now. I'm really not too sure how I feel about his vox, I would need to hear more songs with him doing vocals, and without those dual vocals. Either way, I'm sure this band won't fail to deliver musically.
Can't wait for the album, this year is going to be pretty damn epic with that and Atlantean Kodex's album.

Edit:

New song sample at the beginning and end of this video sound amazing.

Studio Footage
Last edited by logboy at Aug 18, 2010,
Album arrived on see through green vinyl, so I decided this thread warranted a bump.

edit:

Got it on, and it sounds fantastic.
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Feb 9, 2011,
I've been lsitening to the album a bit over the past couple of weeks actually, its still bloody brilliant, Excalibur and Wizard of Alderley Edge especially.

Really looking forward to the new album judging by those songs on the Myspace!
That new track was pretty awesome, really looking forward to this album. Hope they manage to top the debut too, was giving it another listen earlier and fell in love with it all over again.
IF it wasn't for Emenius recommending me a load of Russian folk in the folk metal thread, I would undoubtedly have the s/t album on right now. Fantastic, and very under rated album.
(If anyone is reading and hasn't got it, get it!)
That cover art is realllly cool.
That new track was ****ing glorious. Had everything i loved from the first album, complete with better vocals and production.
I know it got posted about on the FB group, but I thought I'd post in the actual thread.

It finally arrived. On first listen, I wasn't sure. I felt there was something missing, like the raw energy on the debut. But the more I'm listening to it, the more I'm liking it more and more. Definately top 5 this year. The best chorus if you ask me has to be on The Stars my Destination

everyone should do themselves a favour pop over to the FB group and acquire it, and then when you realise how good it is, go and buy it proper.
Album of the year, at first it was good, but its REALLY grown on me the past couple of days. The Green Knight and Under the Greenwood Tree are two of the best metal songs ever, and the Solstice/Atlantean Kodex worship of The Tor is just musical perfection. Not a bad song on the album.
I was saying yesterday on the BOA forum, it's a good album that's a grower, which I think is pretty unusual, as most growers start of with me feeling a bit indifferent towards them.
I'm not sure about overall album of the year, but who knows, after a week or so more of listening, it could very well be. But there's some strong competition for me this year.
Well the last album grew on me an absolute tonne since last listening. Seriously one of the best uk bands playing heavy metal at the moment, perhaps only surpassed by Solstice.

And they have since put out another album.

Artwork is pretty shit.

My initial response has been less positive. The guitar work is fantastic, and the song writing is still really good. But they've had a change of singer getting yer mon from Wytch Hazel in on vocals, and I'm just not entirely sure he quite cuts it compared to Christian.

There's not much on youtube, but this is one of the highlights. (There's also a track on my forum radio this week). )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hQsKSoA1bQ
I like the artwork. That track sounds great for the most part, but he does sound awkward at times. Actually sounds much more in the way of power metal than their previous releases. Thanks for posting this, had no idea they had a new album out.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

I absolutely loved the debut, but didn't care too much for Dawn of Infinity. I felt that it lost the unique, unpolished charm of the S/T. I suppose I should revisit it and possibly this newest one.
Anybody picked up the new album? Its fukking outstanding. Glorious riffs and leads all the way through, and some absolutely killer vocal parts.

Probably edging a bit further towards power metal if that's important to anyone, but it doesn't detract from the record at all.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
They kinda fell off my radar after I couldnt get into their last album. Will definitely check it out later today though.

Listened to it last night and thought it was pretty killer. Had a more similar aesthetic to their debut imo but still inching toward euro power metal. Definitely better than The Awakening. The vocals are much better as well. Riffs upon riffs for days. Awesome.

I did listen to a little bit of the new album and it sounded pretty great to be honest. There's not a lot of new heavy metal that I really dig, but I didn't mind what I heard. Will definitely have to give it further listening.
*cough* Demon Bitch, Steph, you gotta listen I promise you they're amazing *cough*

Dark Forest are grand though. It's some of the better end of "feel good" or "inspirational" heavy metal out there. It makes a dude feel good to hear this music. Some absolutely killer leads too!