What are some easy, but cool sounding songs to play?
RIP Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan
Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix started me off
Bands I've Seen

Robert Randolph and The Family Band
Eric Clapton
Letz Zep
Arc Angels
Eric Clapton (At the Royal Albert Hall ;D)
Joe Bonamassa
Eric Clapton & Jeff Beck (at the O2 arena ;D)
The Bootleg Beatles
Angels Fall First by Nightwish on acoustic
for electric, anything by Judas Priest
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
I'm not a big fan but I have noticed that songs by Green Day are simple chord structures

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Quote by JohnnyNash
I'm not a big fan but I have noticed that songs by Green Day are simple chord structures

DON'T YOU DARE START HIM OFF WITH GREEN DAY
Quote by SLonergan
DON'T YOU DARE START HIM OFF WITH GREEN DAY

This.
Seven Nation Army- Whitestripes: Easy Main riff, just as easy solo.
Smoke on the Water- Deep Purple: Sorry, has to be said
Iron Man- Black Sabbath: Also must be said.
Welcome Home (sanitarium)- Metallica: Slightly more challenging than the others, but so much more rewarding when you nail it.
Links 2,3,4- Rammstein: Dont know if you're into Rammstein, they're kind of obscure outside of Europe, but this was the first song I ever played all the way through, Very awesome riff with a really easy solo.

Hope this helped.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

why are people opening threads like this? just stop playing guitar if you're asking what songs to learn, just download some tabs of songs you like and compare the difficulty and learn it ffs.
Livin Lovin Maid by Led Zeppelin
Knockin on Heavens Door by Guns N' Roses
Brain Stew by Green Day
Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones
I Fought the Law by Buddy Holly/The Clash/Green Day

Hope this helps =D
If you're not in it, you're out of it. - Joey Ramone
If you decide to learn a song that you really like, and not what others suggest you, it is easier to learn the song... Honestly
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Last edited by 08L1V10N at Oct 6, 2009,
Well I'm not just starting off. I wanted to learn an easy song because my moms boyfriend pays me to play songs for him.... Even if he doesn't know what it is. But I like older rock... Old Metallica, AC/DC, Sabbath.... You get it.
RIP Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan
Iron Maiden - The Trooper is a piece of cake.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Bulls On Parade - Rage Against the Machine

all of them came to my head at the moment
Hola.
Quote by DarXyde
Iron Maiden - The Trooper is a piece of cake.

I started trying to learn that last night. I can't get he 8 7h8p7h8p7 bit though. It sounds like ass when I play it.

But yeah, I keep seeing people recommending that, as well as Back in Black...so I'm trying to learn them. I'm also trying Who Made Who because I love the part Angus plays in it, but that is killing me (and my pinky) as well.

Either I am a really slow learner, or a lot of these "easy" songs are easy for mid-level type players, but not so much for me.

I can; however, nail When I Come Around by Greenday pretty well (embarrassing, yes, but I gotta start somewhere).
Quote by PuRs3l
Well I'm not just starting off. I wanted to learn an easy song because my moms boyfriend pays me to play songs for him.... Even if he doesn't know what it is. But I like older rock... Old Metallica, AC/DC, Sabbath.... You get it.

Make up songs on the fly then
Paranoid by Black Sabbath.

And by the way, am I the only one who thinks the Metallica avatar looks like two sheep, when you see it flashing by?
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by Commodor 64
I started trying to learn that last night. I can't get he 8 7h8p7h8p7 bit though. It sounds like ass when I play it.

But yeah, I keep seeing people recommending that, as well as Back in Black...so I'm trying to learn them. I'm also trying Who Made Who because I love the part Angus plays in it, but that is killing me (and my pinky) as well.

Either I am a really slow learner, or a lot of these "easy" songs are easy for mid-level type players, but not so much for me.

I can; however, nail When I Come Around by Greenday pretty well (embarrassing, yes, but I gotta start somewhere).

How can you do iron maiden (best ever) and greenday (in top10 most worthless bands EVER) :9

8-7h8p7h8p7 sounded weird for me too. then i found this: http://www.jamplay.com/guitar-lessons/full/the-trooper-287.html

Helped me no end, I just gotta get the gallop down, restring and do the solo some more (snapped high e :S) then ill prolly post cover on YT
Pain is weakness leaving your body.
Quote by DarXyde
How can you do iron maiden (best ever) and greenday (in top10 most worthless bands EVER) :9

8-7h8p7h8p7 sounded weird for me too. then i found this: http://www.jamplay.com/guitar-lessons/full/the-trooper-287.html

Helped me no end, I just gotta get the gallop down, restring and do the solo some more (snapped high e :S) then ill prolly post cover on YT

make me the third person that can't quite get that down
UP THE IRONS!
Quote by camaross427
make me the third person that can't quite get that down
UP THE IRONS!

I'd rather melt the iron to sludge metal
Well I figure I can put in 2c..

Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls.

Easy, sounds cool and some of the faster licks by Hammet on there are quite good for finger dexterity etc...

Mah Gear
Jackson DK2M -- Washburn X50 ProQ -- Epihone Les Paul Standard
Mesa Boogie 3-Channel Dual Rectifier w/ 2 x 12 Mesa Recto Cab & Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70

Quote by DarXyde

Glad the lesson helped. Check out JamPlay.com and click "Free Lessons" on the left for more free stuff. You can also subscribe to our FaceBook, Twitter, and YouTube for a ton of free content (on the left menu of our site). Thanks for the kind words hopefully you can continue to learn more from us!
Enter sandman W/O solo is very easy.
Slipknot Before I forget, possibly the easiest song ever, trust me silent night was killer to learn compared to this.
Quote by JamPlay
Glad the lesson helped. Check out JamPlay.com and click "Free Lessons" on the left for more free stuff. You can also subscribe to our FaceBook, Twitter, and YouTube for a ton of free content (on the left menu of our site). Thanks for the kind words hopefully you can continue to learn more from us!

I thought advertising wasn't allowed
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Try out Sweet Leaf by Black Sabbath, incredibly simple and sounds amazing.
Quote by zeek7pc
I thought advertising wasn't allowed
I apologize if this is against the terms of service. I just thought our site would be quite valuable for a lot of UG users. Furthermore, we pay a pretty decent chunk of change for advertising on ultimate-guitar.com so I would assume the moderators won't care about me making a post here and there to help people out and refer them to our site.
Go out and buy a copy of Judas Priest British Steel. Learn all the tunes and you have a great foundation to build on.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
Go out and buy a copy of Judas Priest British Steel. Learn all the tunes and you have a great foundation to build on.

This.

Was the album I first started learning, helped a bunch with different techniques, and has some good solos to learn
Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
Quote by PuRs3l

Back in black.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Round and Round by Ratt was pretty easy. But if your asking for easy songs you can basically play anything, it depends on if you want to put the effort into it.
If you like old Metallica, and want easier level songs, I would suggest Seek and Destroy, Ride the Lightning, and The Four Horsemen.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Last edited by bloodycomfort at Feb 9, 2010,
Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be - AC/DC
Country Girl - Black Sabbath
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.