Hey guys a friend of mine just recieved a Vox Tornado from a friend who passed away. As he has no real interest in guitars he has no idea how much it is worth and doesnt know wether its better to sell it on ebay or to try and find a dealer or to give it to me for a resonable price.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea how much this guitar costs to buy or where the best place to put it up for sale would be ( the guitar is in very good condition)
Attachments:
chris guitar 3.jpg
chris guitar 4.jpg
Its not my place but...wouldnt the money you'd get from a fairly cheap axe be worthless compared to the sentimental value?
Guitar - The true Religion
Last edited by AusMetal33 at Oct 5, 2009,
yeah i have said to him but he isnt that well off to start and as he has no interest in playing the guitar he would rather get the money and treat his kids to something more worthwhile and also give the guitar to somebody who would actually use it
Well, it might be me, but i'd NEVER sell a guitar that was given to me by a good friend that passed away.
Quote by jhmmetrules
yeah i have said to him but he isnt that well off to start and as he has no interest in playing the guitar he would rather get the money and treat his kids to something more worthwhile and also give the guitar to somebody who would actually use it

I don't mean to be an arsehole but, how can he be not well off when he was a 40" LCD tv and Sky +?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Yeah i can definetly understand that . The friend that gave him guitar knew he had no interest in guitars and my friend knows for a fact that he would have much rather the guitar was sold and the money gained from the guitar be put towards the kids rather that sit and do nothing as he never had any of his own but treated them extremely well. There is other items of much more personal significance to both of them being kept. He has thought it over for a while now and feels its the best thing to do
Quote by Chrisiphone
I don't mean to be an arsehole but, how can he be not well off when he was a 40" LCD tv and Sky +?

picture wasnt taken in his house mate
I can only find one on fleabay. $249.00 U.S. Don't know if your stateside or not. Any shop you take it too is not going to give you that much for it. Your better off getting the Vintage guitar Blue book and pricing it from that. And E-bay or a consignment shop might be his best bet.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Bluebook values it in mint condition at $400 USD.

Generally they would be worth between $250 - $325 for good to excellent condition.
no big deal to sell it
thats prob what the guy wanted to happen if he knew you didn't play