Hey there guys,

Well as you can read, we need to find the right song to play on a show.
We are supposed to play 2 songs in which one of them will be one of ours
and the other one hasnt been chosen yet.

We are a 3-man band: We have a female vocalist and 2 guitarists.
I also can play the cajon instead of a guitar.

So basicly we are looking for a song which we can cover with 2 guitars and a vocalist.
Here are 2 exemples which we may do, but arent chosen yet:
1)Misery Business
2)Forever

As you can see we want to play some sort of a famous song, but on guitar to create that magical effect in which people go: "woow, thats better than the original song!"

We are well aware we shouldnt burden you guys with this, but your help and wisdom will be realy apppreciated!

Thanks in advance
You should probably just stick with Misery Business. Unless you think you can handle something a little tougher.

Are you only willing to play Paramore and Chris Brown songs? Because I don't think you'll be able to create that "Magical Effect" while playing such simplistic music.
yea paramore is cool. im not personally a big fan of misery business, but thats me. and you could try something by the maine or all time low, maybe kings of leon, the killers. im sure they would be known by the crowd.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
You could ostensibly cover some very different things if you are creative.

Check out: The Messenger by Dead Soul Tribe

Its a 4 piece and has drums and whatnot but you could do this as a 3 piece if you do it right. It isn't that well known but it has the advantage of being a better song.
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Oct 5, 2009,
Quote by CemetaryGates90
yea paramore is cool. im not personally a big fan of misery business, but thats me. and you could try something by the maine or all time low, maybe kings of leon, the killers. im sure they would be known by the crowd.

Kings of Leon would be a good bet. Their music is pretty easy to play, but it should get the crowd going more than Paramore.
You have a female vocalist, yeah? Garbage is great, if she has the pipes for it. Why Do You Love Me? is a great tune.

...She was in Guitar Hero 5...So...I guess, that kinda makes her famous. She was also in Terminator...Before it got canceled...Ahem.

Well, they're still a great band.
I'd like to grow up to be Charles Thompson.

Gear:

Fender American Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

VOX AC30 CC2X
VOX Pathfinder 15R

Line 6 DL4
Vox Original Wah
Thanks for the replies guys!

@SLonergan: We know that they are simplistic songs, but they are a major hit where i live and for people to hear an acoustic cover of that would be in our advantage.
E.G. Boyce Avenue (from Forever) have a lot of covers from well known songs and thats the thing we would like to do too.

@Rest: Yeah we thought about Kings of Leon too, but couldnt seem to find a great acoustic cover of it by 2 guitars. I'll check out the songs you guys posted and give back my feedback!

Many thanks
Quote by Knappe Turk
Thanks for the replies guys!

@SLonergan: We know that they are simplistic songs, but they are a major hit where i live and for people to hear an acoustic cover of that would be in our advantage.
E.G. Boyce Avenue (from Forever) have a lot of covers from well known songs and thats the thing we would like to do too.

Many thanks

I like acoustic covers of popular songs, but Misery Business would be tough to do like that, and get that magic that you're looking for. That's why I like the Kings of Leon idea. I think that would work well for you.
This is what we currently have (a lot of songs ):
1)The Maine: The way we talk, If i only had the heart
2)All Time Low: Weightless, Dear Maria, Coffeeshop ST, Damned if i do ya damned if i dont
3)Paramore: Misery Business, Use somebody
4)The Killers: Somebody told me, Mr. Brightside, Smile like you mean it, All these things ive done
5)Evanescence: My immortal
6)Chris Brown: Forever
7)Hey Monday: How you love me now, Candles, Homecoming

Thats like a looooot of songs and we are gonna try them out.
Thanks a lot guys and if u wanna add or comment back on something, go ahead!!!
Jason Mraz - I'm Yours would definitely be known by almost everyone in the audience and is insanely annoying, so it shouldn't be too difficult to create an impressive cover simply by making it more rock-ish or something.

If you're just doing acoustic covers of popular songs, though, almost anything can be selected. Any acoustic version of an otherwise pop song, pop-rock or R'n'B song is already markedly different.