Its a peavey millenium BXP, trans black, fretless. I did a good job on defretting it, no problems, a few minor scratches on the back when i got it. What would you say i could sell it for?
oh man, that makes me want to go defrett mine. i love it too much though. not sure how much it would go for
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 BXP
Peavey TNT 115
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Blackstar Ht-1R
Last edited by DeadlyKombat at Oct 5, 2009,
defretted, probably not much.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
If you take it to a shop, you'd be lucky to sell it for 60% of what you paid for it, if its condition was exceptional. Not to be pessimistic, since you defretted it, no matter how well you did it, the resale value is going to drop exponentially. To be honest, I wouldn't try to sell it, just play and enjoy it, since you probably wont get near as much as you should for it.

EDIT: as an example, my pal sold his Iceman bass (in near perfect condition), and the shop gave him $75 for it. He bought it for a bit over $200 new. Just goes to show how bad resale is on basses
Last edited by Tostitos at Oct 5, 2009,
indeed. My stingray would only sell for $800, I bought it for $1600
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
The Millennium is about $300 new. You'll be lucky to get $100 for it.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Quote by cal1
The Millennium is about $300 new. You'll be lucky to get $100 for it.

im gonna craigslist it, or sell it to a friend, screw shops. they rip you off anyways lol. and its defretted. so what should i post it for on craigslist or ebay?
as stated, defretting kills any resale value. the bass in original excellent condition is valued at around $250(+/- $50),usd. defretted, maybe $100. on craigs list i would start a $200 and hope for the best. good luck.
^in this economy, with people off loading gear right and left on craigslist and the like, I'd have to agree. Except I'd be surprised if you got 150 USD for it in the end.