Just got a JCM900. one of the 6L6's is shattered. I have a gig on Wednesday and no money to buy tubes. can I run it on half power by pulling two of em'?

do I need to rebias?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Bump... Sorry, I'm not gonna tell you what I think, because I have little support for it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Yes, it's do-able, but there's other stuff that needs to be done.

Common to Fenders, not so much Marshalls, because they tend to fry output transformers.

Most people doing this with Marshalls use the fuse trick, which is an even worse idea, IMHO...

I agree with tubetime, so I'm not going to post it.

PM me if you must know, but I would really try to just scrounge a tube.

If you were local to me, I've got piles of 6L6 and 5881 (which is stock for a 4102, IIRC), but surely someone in your area has a spare one for a few bucks.

A re-bias will be needed, along with a matched quad, or at least 2 matched pairs, but just sticking in a random *should* get you by for one gig without too many sparks and smoke.

Hopefully.
Quote by Rutch
Yes, it's do-able, but there's other stuff that needs to be done.

Common to Fenders, not so much Marshalls, because they tend to fry output transformers.

Most people doing this with Marshalls use the fuse trick, which is an even worse idea, IMHO...

I agree with tubetime, so I'm not going to post it.

PM me if you must know, but I would really try to just scrounge a tube.

If you were local to me, I've got piles of 6L6 and 5881 (which is stock for a 4102, IIRC), but surely someone in your area has a spare one for a few bucks.

A re-bias will be needed, along with a matched quad, or at least 2 matched pairs, but just sticking in a random *should* get you by for one gig without too many sparks and smoke.

Hopefully.

I think I got a matched pair on the way. we fixed most of the problem UPS screwed the stuff up so I got insurance.

we'll see what happens.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era