Page 1 of 2
Well I'm deciding between getting a Bugera 333, and a Line 6 Spider IV head, and I need to know, since both amps have only one left and right output, is it not possible to run a full stack?
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
left output goes to one cab...right goes to the other. Full stack.

eyeEDIT: also, most cabinets have an input and an output jack. So you can daisy chain the cabinets if the amp head only has 1 output.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Oct 5, 2009,
As I side note I would't get either of those. Line 6's are like the Nissan Sentra of guitar products, which is to say not very good. Also Bugera I believe is an offshoot of Behringer whose products are notorious for having a short lifespan.

Correct me if I am wrong, I'm pretty sure about the Bugera thing but not 100% positive.
Quote by Lovecannon
Well I'm deciding between getting a Bugera 333, and a Line 6 Spider IV head, and I need to know, since both amps have only one left and right output, is it not possible to run a full stack?

lol, seems like your confused
I guess both amps sound the same to him.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
No. They do not sound the same to me. I'm a bit confused on what to get, if I was to get the Line 6, it is a stereo head. Which means I probably couldn't run a full stack. I'll probably just end up getting the Bugera head tho, and the first run of the Bugera amps had some problems, but the current production has the bugs fixed from what I'm told.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by jfreyvogel
As I side note I would't get either of those. Line 6's are like the Nissan Sentra of guitar products, which is to say not very good. Also Bugera I believe is an offshoot of Behringer whose products are notorious for having a short lifespan.

Correct me if I am wrong, I'm pretty sure about the Bugera thing but not 100% positive.

The general consensus of the Bugera thread is that reliability is now no worse than anybody else. Though a quick run round with a screwdriver helps the reliability a lot.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by Lovecannon
No. They do not sound the same to me. I'm a bit confused on what to get, if I was to get the Line 6, it is a stereo head. Which means I probably couldn't run a full stack. I'll probably just end up getting the Bugera head tho, and the first run of the Bugera amps had some problems, but the current production has the bugs fixed from what I'm told.

You can run a full stack with either head. Stereo just means that it has an output for left and for right. I would stay far away from the Spider though...
Quote by eyebanez333
You can run a full stack with either head. Stereo just means that it has an output for left and for right. I would stay far away from the Spider though...

lol what if it has only ONE left and ONE right?
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
lol what if it has only ONE left and ONE right?

You're missing the point. Each of the heads in question have two outputs...one for left and one for right. Each one of these outputs can run a cabinet...thus you can run two cabinets from the head=full stack.

eyeEDIT: if the amp only had ONE speaker output, depending on your cabinet choice, you could STILL run a full stack. Head>input on cab 1....then output on cab 1>input on cab 2.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Oct 5, 2009,
Quote by Lovecannon

your missing the point, if you cant tell the difference between a tube and solid state head you really shouldnt be thinking about full stacks. christ barely anyone actually needs a full stack, a halfstack and a PA system will play any gig. For most a combo/2x12 is more then enough.
Bugera: bad reliability
Spider: bad sound

Also you won't need a fullstack.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Bugera: bad reliability
Spider: bad sound

no, bugera's quality is on par with other manufacturers, and even if it wasnt its ridiculously cheap for how good it sounds
So you changed from a VK to a Spider IV!??

Once again, the Bugera would be better for you, although there are still better amps out there.

As far as the left and right outputs - those aren't for left speakers and right speakers, one output goes to one cab, the other to a second cab.

Quote by JesusCrisp

Oh, but he does because he already owns a combo so he can't get another one
Last edited by i_am_metalhead at Oct 5, 2009,
lol the Spider specifically says left and right. And that you shouldnt run it on a mono amp, but I got the Bugera amp instead. I wanted better tone anyway, and the reason why I ask is because I have 2 212 cabs, I just wanted to run both of them since my other guitarist runs 4, itd be awful hard to push as much air as the 4 cabinets with just 1. Atleast with 2 cabs I have a chance.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by stephen_rettie
your missing the point, if you cant tell the difference between a tube and solid state head you really shouldnt be thinking about full stacks. christ barely anyone actually needs a full stack, a halfstack and a PA system will play any gig. For most a combo/2x12 is more then enough.

9 out 10 times, no one even needs a half stack.

Most people don't need to exceed 40 watts.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Also, the combo costs more, and Im not interested in spending more for a combo when I already have cabinets I can run.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
No, it's just I need to be able to keep up with his volume. That's all I'm implying.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
No, it's just I need to be able to keep up with his volume. That's all I'm implying.

You could keep up with his volume just fine with just a 2x12. His total volume would only be 9db more than yours (depending on what amp he is running, and yes 9db is a good bit of volume) but if you aren't running your amps with the volume dimed then its not going to make a difference.

More speakers and more air pushed is more of a tonal thing than a volume thing.

As 311 said, it sounds like you guys are just competing to see who can play the loudest and not actually acting the way co-guitarists should.
Clearing up the stereo/full stack issue;

A lot of amp heads will have "stereo" outputs and a "mono" output. You'll notice that the two stereo outputs have half the impedance of the single mono output. Now, to run a full stack you will run out of the two "stereo" outputs; a tradition full stack won't be in stereo per se, as they are on top of each other, but thats what the two outputs are for. Make sure you match the impedance of your cabinets to the impedance of the head you use.

Now, I'm guessing that the Line 6 has a digital stereo function for all the built in effects. That requires a cabinet with at least two speakers, and stereo inputs. The amp will pass the split signal between the two left speakers and the two right speakers. Barely true stereo, seeing as the speakers will be next to each other; unless you dedicate each cab to an output, and split them across the stage.

I'd go for the Bugera, and hook both cabs up to that, you'll have more than enough volume, by far.

Also, 2x212's isn't a full stack, 2x412's are
Last edited by Mathamology at Oct 5, 2009,
wow this is jsut a big waste of time helping TS, its his waste of money tbh
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
TS, I don't mean to be condescending but you really need to accept you don't have a clue what you're talking about, and start listening to the advice of others.
How am I wasting money? A combo costs more, so considering I already have cabs, how is it wasting money when the head by itself costs less? And Im not getting that spider, Im getting the Bugera 333
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by kyle62
TS, I don't mean to be condescending but you really need to accept you don't have a clue what you're talking about, and start listening to the advice of others.

How is that? I want a head so I can run some cabs, I know with the Bugera I could run a full stack, I already knew that. If I was to get that Spider IV, it has a dedicated left and right stereo outputs. From what I was told, you could fry the amp if you tried to run a non-stereo cab. All I wanted to know is if that was true, because I wasnt sure if stereo amps can daisy-chain and run two cabs.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
why not put the money from both heads towards a better head and sell one or both to get a better cab too, what cab(s) you got?

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Im not getting both heads. Im getting the Bugera head only. And I have 2 Laney 212s.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by Lovecannon
Im not getting both heads. Im getting the Bugera head only. And I have 2 Laney 212s.

ok so you want to get 2 4x12's as well or just sticking with the laney 2x12?

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Lovecannon

I see no problem here.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Bugera's had their problems but for every Line6 Product I've every used it seems only the older Line6 (think AX2 212) can dish out the volume I need in one of my bands.

I run a Bugera 333XL in full stack (Bugera Cab on top and a late 80's Peavey 412M with Celestions on the bottom) sometimes, I can't turn the master past 5 and the channels past 4 (clean past 3) with that setup without it outblowing the rest of the band too much, and that's with an 800 Watt Markbass head through 2 Orange cabs (1X15 and 4X10) and a drummer with a crazy loud and fancy high end TAMA kit behind me.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Damn, I didnt get the XL tho, I wanted the 6L6 tubes, and I didnt need the XL switch anyway. I should be getting the amp Wednesday or Thursday, which is going to be AWESOME.

And for now until I get some 412s, Ill just stick to the 212s.
Quote by satanicgurrl
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• Line 6 Pod HD Pro
This thread is giving me the spins. One misunderstanding after another lol
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
to sum up the answers in this thread:

forget about a fullstack, there is absolutely NO reason to get one, especially with the Bugera since it is a tube amp. if you are at home you don't want to be cranking it with 8 speakers, and unless you crank it your tone will be unsatisfactory.

secondly, get the Bugera. its heads and toes above the spider head.

Quote by Lovecannon
How is that? I want a head so I can run some cabs, I know with the Bugera I could run a full stack, I already knew that. If I was to get that Spider IV, it has a dedicated left and right stereo outputs. From what I was told, you could fry the amp if you tried to run a non-stereo cab. All I wanted to know is if that was true, because I wasnt sure if stereo amps can daisy-chain and run two cabs.

FFS TS all amp heads will run a full stack. ALL. you simply daisy chain the cabinets together.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by Lovecannon

Hi Lovecannon , I know for sure that if you want to run full stack with your spider IV head you will need to set both cabs at 16 Ohms each and one cable in each cab. that is the only way, no less. But you will need a foot step to see your preset screen display. The slackadjuster
Last edited by slackadjuster at Oct 6, 2009,
Page 1 of 2