I was in a guitar shop the other day and the guy suggested that floyd rose trems thin out the tone of guitars and make it sound tinny.

I'm implied to agree with him a bit, I've always thought that my ibanez (with edge pro trem) sounded a whole lot quieter acoustically than my friends strat, and the strat sounds rounder and bassier too, though i've never noticed a difference when plugged in (apart from the difference you'd expect).

So i heard that getting a bigger trem block made out of brass and fitting it to your trem improves the tone and sustain of a floyd rose guitar:

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2009/Feb/Big_Block_Floyd_Rose_Tremolo_Review.aspx

There's a link to where you can buy them in the review...

So what do people reckon? Will this 40$ block of brass do anything for the tone of my floyd rose guitar?
THIS IS THE JAPANESE KABUKI ROCK!!!!
Ibanez RG1550 w/ BKP nailbombs
Aria Magna series w/ Dimarzio SD
Blackstar HT 5
Fender FM210R
Ibanez DE7
Keeley/Boss BD2
Line 6 floor pod
Yes, trem blocks make a huge difference in tone. Go for it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
anybody actually tried one?
THIS IS THE JAPANESE KABUKI ROCK!!!!
Ibanez RG1550 w/ BKP nailbombs
Aria Magna series w/ Dimarzio SD
Blackstar HT 5
Fender FM210R
Ibanez DE7
Keeley/Boss BD2
Line 6 floor pod
There's a guy who posted Here on UG that added one to his. Searchbar I guess
But I know you can get them at www.Floydupgrades.com. They aren't priced bad just don't look at the titanium saddles.. Unless you have an extra pair of pants nearby.

Boxedit: Here's a link to the guy who post.>>https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1144347&highlight=floydupgrades
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Last edited by boxcarmonument at Oct 5, 2009,