alright so right now i have and ampeg br-2 head and a hartke 4x10 cab. i have some extra money so i figured its time to buy some rack mounted stuff to make this sound better.

i was looking at sonic maximizers, tube preamps, eq's, and compressors.

for around 100-150 bucks, what would be one of the better things i could get to give my amp an overall warmer, louder, punchier tone?
Quote by xtheblackoutx
alright so right now i have and ampeg br-2 head and a hartke 4x10 cab. i have some extra money so i figured its time to buy some rack mounted stuff to make this sound better.

i was looking at sonic maximizers, tube preamps, eq's, and compressors.

for around 100-150 bucks, what would be one of the better things i could get to give my amp an overall warmer, louder, punchier tone?

maybe a nice rack mount preamp. maybe a sansamp?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
What size rack do you have. My first 2 choices would be a korg dtr-1000 and a dbx 160A compressor, then a nice preamp eithier an ampeg svp pro or a sansamp Rpm. A effects unit or a power conditioner would be next.

Those are really all i can think for my rack and other peoples.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Generally i reckon yes, maybe preamps with different freq ranges might not work as well as with guitar but generally i cant see why not. Theres not huge amount of rack equitment thats guitar a bass specific.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
i agree with fatgoogle. a tuner would be at the top of my list, then a compressor, then a power conditioner and/or pre-amp or maximizer. i use a B2R and with its 9 band EQ, a pre-amp would would probably be last on the list.