Been looking for a new 100watt valve head and came across the PEAVEY WINDSOR HEAD. I ain’t got much dosh and when I saw the price £181.95 my eyes nearly took off into the outer hemisphere! I've spent the last two days trawling the net, read the reviews and I still can't make up my mind! The amp is very basic, which is OK by me but I still can't believe it's as good as it is for the price?

One review I read, on this site suggests to change the two pre-amp valves (Because the amp does not produce a satisfactory clean sound) to 12AT7 and 12AU7 which produce a pure clean sound.

I would very much like to hear from anyone who has this amp or anyone else for that matter.

P.S. I already have a 40 year old Selmer Treble and Bass which is truly amazing but I could do with 50 more watts to drive my two homemade 4X12 cabs.
They're a lot of amp for the money...you can get them to clean up...but its not going to be chimey VOX/Fender cleans...

I miss mine I'll probably pick another one up in the future
Thanks M8. Yep, I wouldn't expect VOX or anything else from it. Do you know the $ doing price where you are?
It's extremely bright and can't get a decent clean. But for the price, you probably won't beat it. I hear it's really easy to mod though and there's a Splawn mod floating around somewhere.

EDIT: It's $250 here in the states.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I've played it 3 or 4 times now and I think it is a great amp for the money as long as you don't need 'loud' cleans like in a gigging environment.

They were $400 for whole half stack and see modded and unmodded ones on Craigslist and eBay all the time.

use the link in my sig to find some if you like.
Tried the link http://acapella.harmony-central.com...d.php?t=2027572 but it won't load!
Quote by Erics shadow
Tried the link http://acapella.harmony-central.com...d.php?t=2027572 but it won't load!

That's weird. The one I put works for me but yours doesn't. Just search on Google "Windsor Splawn Mod" and it should be the first result.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs