Last friday (about 10 days ago) I had a job interview at Best Buy, and I was told I would get the job, but had to take a drug test. It's great for me, being in college.

I took the test the same day, and I still haven't heard anything back. They definitely offered me the job, offering a salary and the manager actually said "welcome to the team," to me as I was leaving, but they haven't got back to me.

I'm 100% sure I didn't fail the drug test. My question is if this normally takes as long as it seems to have taken.

Result
If you happen to stumble upon this, I DID pass, and I do have the job. It took about 10 days or so, and calling them worked.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
Last edited by BreakingBnj at Oct 26, 2009,
Shoulda been back, but sometimes it can take a bit longer.

Are you high, right now?
the real drug test is if u ask about the drug test. thats how they getcha. systematically weed out the guilty ones!
Don't worry about, just get it off your mind.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
If you have nothing to worry about, give them another week.
DeVillains!
Quote by TSmitty6
the real drug test is if u ask about the drug test. thats how they getcha. systematically weed out the guilty ones!

I see what you did there.

EDIT: You both suck. v
Last edited by KeepOnRotting at Oct 5, 2009,
Quote by TSmitty6
the real drug test is if u ask about the drug test. thats how they getcha. systematically WEED out the guilty ones!

intentional?

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Quote by TSmitty6

lolpun
EDIT: FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU
Nah, I'm not saying I'm worried that I failed, I'm just wondering if you guys think there's possibly another thing I should suspect is the reasoning?

They're probably just busy, but I just figure I'm missing something.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
I'd give them a call to check in. It can't hurt, and shows you want the job
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
They don't want you anymore. You can't let them win though. Show up and kill them all V-Tech style. Make them regret their decision, TS.
How do you think weed know?

It'll come when it comes. Unless it has gone up in smoke.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
How do you think weed know?

It'll come when it comes. Unless it has gone up in smoke.

i love stealing puns too.

my pun reigns supreme.
Something very similar happened to me, I was offered a position at a local Best Buy on a wednesday if I could pass the drug test. they told me I had 48 hours and that the orientation would be on friday, so i got some piss from a friend and went and took the drug test before the orientation on friday. The labcorp employee checked off the right temperature box on my form so I knew that I passed it. So later I went to orientation and found out that I hadn't been 'processed' yet, so i couldn't get my employee number. Well a week or more went by without me being 'processed'. But I worked the whole time and my manager even sent a check to me in the mail. People even made drug test jokes because I hadn't been 'processed'. After about a week i was finally processed and got my numbers and everything. Only to quit three months later for a lot of reasons.
They won't let you know when it's in if it comes back negative.

Why the **** do you need a drug test for best buy... ****ing yanks.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by Shirate
I'd give them a call to check in. It can't hurt, and shows you want the job

This ^^

The test shouldn't have taken that long. Giving them a call will show initive, but I'd avoid asking about the drug test.

Call to thank them for giving you this oppurtunity and ask if there was anything else they needed from you because you have not heard back from them and you weren't given a date to report for work.

Then they'll break the news to you that you're pregnant, with triplets. Good luck with that.

Seriously, what I said about calling back should do it.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Quote by Bertallica
This ^^

The test shouldn't have taken that long. Giving them a call will show initive, but I'd avoid asking about the drug test.

Call to thank them for giving you this oppurtunity and ask if there was anything else they needed from you because you have not heard back from them and you weren't given a date to report for work.

Then they'll break the news to you that you're pregnant, with triplets. Good luck with that.

Seriously, what I said about calling back should do it.

Yah that's good advice...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Ok TS, so what happened?
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Don't work at Best Buy. They say to come in for an interview, then they leave you high and dry
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Sometimes it can take up to two weeks for the results if they are busy enough. Don't sweat it. I've heard working at best buy is horrible though.