I'm looking to buy an acoustic guitar and I'd like something with a similar tone found in the guitar portion of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcuFHyV13BE

The guitar part is found at 3:26.

I'm trying to get something under 1500 bucks and leaning towards either a Taylor 314ce or a 414ce...

Anyone have advice on what type of guitar and what kind of strings I'd need to get a tone like in the song? Thanks!
you're gonna need a classical guitar with nylon strings to pull that one off.
All my guitars are old enough to buy beer, are You?
Quote by stevoreno
you're gonna need a classical guitar with nylon strings to pull that one off.

I think you don't need to spend as much as you think either when going with Classical unless you want to go nuts.
Guys I decided to go with a Taylor 514ce, can you suggest what type of tuning would be the closest to the tone in that guitar portion of the song? Thx!
Quote by Sonny Crockett
Guys I decided to go with a Taylor 514ce, can you suggest what type of tuning would be the closest to the tone in that guitar portion of the song? Thx!

The timbre of an instrument isn't really affected by the tuning...
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
^Exactly. And if you're buying a guitar just to play this one part in this one song.......really?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
^Exactly. And if you're buying a guitar just to play this one part in this one song.......really?

Good point. Especially considering he's decided to go with a $2800 instrument that will sound completely different than the guitar in that song. TS, how loaded are you, honestly?