Hey guys.

I figured I would give this another shot, as I tried but failed miserably to rouse any interest out of anyone several months ago.

I am interested in getting some people (or hell, even just one other person for all I care) to work on some black metal. Its up to you guys on what type. It can be straight up black metal, symphonic black metal, folk/pagan metal. I don't really care. I am personally very into atmospheric and somewhat melodic black metal, just for the record.

I have just been in a compositional rut and need to get out of it. I have composed a few of my own songs ranging in genre, and I have also worked in a local black metal band and helped in the recording on one full album. I can send you samples of those, more professionally done, recordings if you would like to see my past work with that band.

If you are interested post in here. Please have at least decent quality recording equipment. It doesn't need to sound professional, just decent enough. For those who want to help but can't record feel free to comment here as well. I'd like help on the compositions in general, not just recording.

Vocals:
Guitar 1: Ulalume, Blackritual0
Guitar 2: Majin Gaara, muckypup
Drums: Ulalume
Bass Guitar: muckypup
Synths: Ulalume
Other instrument:
Help with compositions: Ulalume

If you have another instrument you would like to incorporate feel free to comment. I can not guarantee that we will use synths or other instruments, however. I am also capable of programming drums with EZ Drummer DKFH if no other drums are available.

Note for vocalists: Please be able to replicate a solid black metal vocal style.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Last edited by Ulalume at Oct 6, 2009,
hey, if you want a could work on it with you, my equipments not that great but we can screw around with it.
I play rythym guitar, might know some people willing to do vocals/drums too. lets try and go towards the more melodic/symphonic side of it though, that's usually what i play, kinda a melodic black/doom metal type of thing
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
That style is fine with me. Do you have Guitar Pro by any chance? That would make it easier in the compositional process. If not we can make arrangements.

Do you happen to have any recordings as well? I don't have the epitome of gear either, but I can get decent quality with what I have. Like I said in my original post, I don't really expect a professional sounding piece.

If you do send me a PM with your e-mail address. I will send you over some songs I have done work on on my own as well as with my ex-band.

Hell I'll do guitar as well if you guys want. I'm very into the writing style of symphonic black metal and am very experienced with Guitar pro. I write in it all the time and I'd love to help be apart of this project in someway or another even if it's not guitar!
I would be interested in the guitar 2 and bass playing dude. I could also do the drums if you have guitar pro files of what you want them like. I have a lot of software that I use to record and edit with and can get pretty good sounds, almost pro sounds. I can also detuned rather low, at the moment my guitar is as low as an 8 string guitar, but that might be a bit too low.
If you guys want to go ahead and send me a PM that would be great. I will be adding you to my friends list as getting in contact with you guys will be easiest through this new chat thing on here, as well as through e-mail.

I don't really want this collaboration to grow out of hand, so aside from a vocalist I think this will be the basic set up.

Majin: I took a listen to some of your audio files in your profile. They are great. What orchestral vst are you using? Sounds top notch. If you could send me a guitar sample that would be great, and I could see how to implement you in here.

Muckypup: We definitely need a bass player in here. I will also add you as a guitarist because we may as well utilize any one who is willing for future recording purposes. The fact that you (and Majin) know how to work Guitar Pro is also nice, and will make this run smoothly. For drums, I have EZ Drummer with many expansions (including DFH). Unless you have some thing better, I can handle the drum work; but you can help with composing them.

EDIT: I would like to get this moving even before finding a vocals. If necessary, I could even do the vocals. I do not have as much of a range as many others, though. I am almost exclusively locked into the mid-range black metal rasp range.

If you could send me a PM with your e-mail address that would be great. I would like to send you some samples of work I have done in a real band (not **** found in my profile, haha) so you can get a gist of the style I typically play and my abilities.

And to add I am pretty serious about this, even if it is just through the internet. I just don't really know how to go about beginning the compositional process. Does any one have prior experience working via internet on compositions?

If any one here does not want to work on the composing process, please let me know so I can make further arrangements. It is okay if you do not want to compose, just record; however the more input the better.

Sorry about being not getting back to you guys.

So yeah about that Vst, I used:
Syntar (For the sitar sound)
Miroslav Philharmoniks (Orchestra plugin)
and Stormdrums (for the percussion)

And I can do a lot of the recording and composing as I have a Zoom h4n which will give me studio quality guitar tracks and such. Perfect for this!
And I compose all the time and write all the time in Guitar Pro so I'm down for both. I'll PM you as well. I just want to make some killer melodic, symphonic black metal!