Heyy, I wanna get a decent tone, been trying to find one for a while, can't really find one tbh

I want to get one something close to on this video as a lead tone..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laE-o449FZU

And I want a tone like this for my rythmn, and maybe the solo as a second tone for playing metal as such,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9z2j8JML8M
2:44 is the Solo,
The main riff is at the start..

Thanks guys.. Hope you can help me out, and i hope that HELPS!!
OOH one thingg which would probably help would be what i'm playing through..

I've got..
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Marshall AVT150X
Variety of BOSS Pedals, E.g.. Chorus, Metal Zone, Super Distortion, Overdrive, Compression Sustainer, Digital Delay.
Last edited by Chasing Shadows at Oct 5, 2009,
A new amp would be really helpful, I always found it really hard to get a good metal tone out of an AVT.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
last time i saw them they were using peavey 6505+'s and mesa cabs so... also, EMG 81/85's

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
A lot of that is just how you play.

I get something similar when I have my amp with these settings:

Gain: 7
Treble: 4
Mid: 6
Bass: 7

and my selector switch for my guitar in the uppermost position.

If I shred like that it sounds pretty similar.

Edit: I don't know if it matters but I have the guitar I do this with tuned to C#
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Oct 5, 2009,
That first clip sounds like a generic lead tone that I can get from any multifx or the Hyde side of my J&H distortion pedal. Crank the gain and set it to your neck pickup.

A little chorus helps fatten up the tone as does using the neck pup.
Quote by fly135
That first clip sounds like a generic lead tone that I can get from any multifx or the Hyde side of my J&H distortion pedal. Crank the gain and set it to your neck pickup.

A little chorus helps fatten up the tone as does using the neck pup.

So Chorus is better for soloing, yes?
Quote by Chasing Shadows
A lot of choruss?

on my Zoom B1x (yes i play bass :p) i put chorus on 6 on a scale of 9, it sounds really fat!!!
Quote by Chasing Shadows
So Chorus is better for soloing, yes?
I think a chorus is an important part of a pedal board so IMO you should have one. Whether or not you like it for any particular lead sound is entirely up to you. I'm practicing the solos in Santana's Black Magic Woman right now and I didn't like using the chorus with it. But I do use a short delay on that one.
A compressor pedal will help you fatten up your lead tone. The XXX in your gas list would be perfect......The guy's supposed to buy my Super 40 today and i'm having a hard time letting it go it's in perfect shape
Quote by mmjohn
A compressor pedal will help you fatten up your lead tone.

I've got a Compression Sustainer if thats the samee?
Willl have to fiddle about
for the Malmsteen solo tone, all you need is a strat with a good neck pickup, an overdrive for boost and a Marshall-esque tube amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
you want a kick ass lead tone? go for marshalls, older 80s tone is still the best imo.\
or just add some lite chorus, phaser and delay in 3/16 time and pan it if you could.