ok so i know what picks i use currently that i LOVE they are Gibson Pure XH but the thing is i play different genres of music mostly punk,prog and alternative and sometimes metal...so i was wondering what are my options for picks that will work the best? i know ive heard a lot of people swear by jazz III's but should i use thin or thick and what brand name like gibson,jim dunlop,fender,etc. and i also play some acoustic stuff so any help here in the ug forums here? thanks in advance
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
Epiphone Prophecy SG (GX? Red with Dirty Fingers?)
it's all preference
Höhner llx100g
Gibson explorer
crappy stagg acoustic
Roland dac80d
marshall jcm 900 sl-x 2500
marshall 1960A
ehx metal-muff
jimmy hendrix wah
gorrath i know that but like..my gibsons are just a bit too thick and hard to play sometimes...and i know i have a jim dunlop T and its too thin...i just need something like in between
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
Experimenting's the best way to find out. I used to love paper thin picks until I used a Dunlop big stubby 3mm.
i think ill try the jazz and the tritip picks
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
Quote by jfreyvogel
I use thick pointed Jazz III's Black. The black are better than the red. Ask anyone.

I find the red ones just as good ;D!
Like people say, Preference,

( To be fair, i love both of em haha )
chasing shadows love the dp! rise against!!!!
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
Quote by jfreyvogel
I use thick pointed Jazz III's Black. The black are better than the red. Ask anyone.

Very true. If your going to use the Jazz III picks, get the black ones.
Quote by gorrath
it's all preference

+10000000000000000000000

We can't tell you what you're going to like. You just have to go out and try style picks in different gauges until you find something you like. What one person may use for a certain style, you may try and think "God this really sucks! I can't stand this pick"
Quote by i_am_metalhead
+10000000000000000000000

We can't tell you what you're going to like. You just have to go out and try style picks in different gauges until you find something you like. What one person may use for a certain style, you may try and think "God this really sucks! I can't stand this pick"

Yeah. Some people like bush, others want a runway and yet others like it bald. Whatever works for you.

(do check the link I posted in my previous post).
WTLTL 2011