Today I bought this.

Now, when I put my SM-58 in (female xlr to male 1/4"), it works fine. There is a reading on the level metre and I can clearly hear it.

But when I plug my other mics in, they don't work.

These mics are originally 3.5mm, but they are going through a 1/4" adaptor so that they fit in the line input. I don't get a reading or any sound even when I turn the gain and levels up full.

The adaptor (this kind of thing) has two black line across it, rather than one, which the xlr to 1/4" has. I don't know if this makes any difference.

Anyone know what my problem is? Happy to answer any questions and hope it makes sense...

Cheers
The two black lines mean it is stereo, which the mics are not. That is most likely your problem.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
The two black lines mean it is stereo, which the mics are not. That is most likely your problem.

Thank you very much.
Quote by tubetime86

No, in this case, the two lines mean the signal is balanced (1 mono signal, but is copied and put out of phase to cancel out buzz & hum). The cheap mics are not balanced.

Also, the cheap mics are probably condensers, so they require a bias voltage in order to work.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis