This may be basic but I am replacing my tuning knobs on my strat with gold ones and when I took them off I realized they were different heights, I am not sure which one goes to which string if anybody has any solutions on how they should be arranged I would appreciate it. they have numbers on them 2 each are II, III, and IIII.
Follow me into the desert as thirsty as you are
I shot my love today would you cry for me
I lost my head again would you lie for me
I left her in the sand just a burden in my hand
I lost my head again would you
Quote by DirtyDeeds
This may be basic but I am replacing my tuning knobs on my strat with gold ones and when I took them off I realized they were different heights, I am not sure which one goes to which string if anybody has any solutions on how they should be arranged I would appreciate it. they have numbers on them 2 each are II, III, and IIII.

Staggered tuners are basically there to mimic the effects of having an angled headstock on a fender style guitar. So if you think about it, the shortest tuner pegs are going to be on the top strings, going up to the tuners that are closest to the nut being tallest.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
good, thats the way I put them on but something didn't seem right, but I guess its okay.
Thanks
Follow me into the desert as thirsty as you are
I shot my love today would you cry for me
I lost my head again would you lie for me
I left her in the sand just a burden in my hand
I lost my head again would you
Theres 3 heights on the tuner shafts. The shortest ones go on the little e and b strings, the next height on the g and d strings.