Not sure if this is where I should post this...

How can I get nice clean tones while playing something with relatively high-gain, in an instant? For example, how does Killswitch Engage or All That Remains play clean interludes or intros and then the rest of the song is very distorted?

I know it's probably on a different channel but whenever I play on my clean channel I get a dirty bluesy sound if I turn the volume up. So, not sure how to get this sound...
Probably because you are using a 5 watt tube amp that breaks up fast on the clean channel. Try turning the volume down.

EDIT: You are also using a guitar with active pups, so i would also roll off the guitar volume, too.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by sw1ss023
Probably because you are using a 5 watt tube amp that breaks up fast on the clean channel. Try turning the volume down.

EDIT: You are also using a guitar with active pups, so i would also roll off the guitar volume, too.

My only concern with this is that the volume would obviously be lower. Is there some sort of pedals or something that can increase the volume or curb the sound a bit?
No, you're gonna need an amp with higher headroom if you want a perfectly clean signal to switch to.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
k, well in the mean time I suppose I'll just fool around with the guitar volume then. Thanks guys.