So I was at the Children of Bodom/Black Dahlia Murder/Skeleton Witch show on Friday here in Calgary and had the opportunity to meet Trevor Strnad from The Black Dahlia Murder.

I was in the beer gardens getting my drink on, and he casually walks in like its no big deal and starts walking around, no one else noticed him right away so I walked up to him and introduced myself (and I was wearing a TBDM shirt thankfully) - and was humbled by how down to earth and cool the guy was....I ended up buying him a beer and we chatted about his new album, and by then everyone else realized who he was and swarmed over, so I got a quick pic with him and let him be

So everyone, have you had the chance to meet someone in a "well known" band and how was the experience?

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
It was as amazing and exotic as using the searchbar!

I'm sorry for making a searchbar joke, but it seems like every single time somebody meets a band, they automatically make a thread about it, and it's always the same exact thread.

But, no, I haven't met any famous bands.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I met Machinehead, Pantera (and Dimebag), Korn, Dream Theater, Megadave, Chick corea, Mike Akerfeldt and the guys from Cynic. I dont wait around after gigs now tho its boring.
Gah.. I wanna meet BDM quite badly.. They seem like such cool guys on the Majesty DVD.. Just pure fun
I met this guy from the band 'Searchbar' once. He was really lonely because no one used him

stratkat
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Gah.. I wanna meet BDM quite badly.. They seem like such cool guys on the Majesty DVD.. Just pure fun

yeah, Trevor was super cool....he just wanted to walk amongst the fans and chat so it was nice to see he wasnt an arrogant douche or anything

ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by lucertia.
I met Machinehead, Pantera (and Dimebag), Korn, Dream Theater, Megadave, Chick corea, Mike Akerfeldt and the guys from Cynic. I dont wait around after gigs now tho its boring.

That's pretty good stuff man.

Quote by Tyler Durden
So I was at the Children of Bodom/Black Dahlia Murder/Skeleton Witch show on Friday here in Calgary and had the opportunity to meet Trevor Strnad from The Black Dahlia Murder.

I was in the beer gardens getting my drink on, and he casually walks in like its no big deal and starts walking around, no one else noticed him right away so I walked up to him and introduced myself (and I was wearing a TBDM shirt thankfully) - and was humbled by how down to earth and cool the guy was....I ended up buying him a beer and we chatted about his new album, and by then everyone else realized who he was and swarmed over, so I got a quick pic with him and let him be

So everyone, have you had the chance to meet someone in a "well known" band and how was the experience?

Well yeah, I'd imagine he is human.
o, i forgot to mention, i saw Geddy Lee walking his dog on a street in Toronto a few years ago. didn't actually "meet" him, just said hi.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

and Glen Drover was my guitar teacher for a year and a half.

you lucky bastard!!!

ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Does Scale the Summit count?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I've met Guthrie Govan and Mike Portnoy. It was pretty sweet.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Okay, so I used to hang out in the Marquee Club and things happen.
Had a chat with Ken Hensley (The Gods, Uriah Heep) one night 'cos he recognised me there every Saturday and invited me into the (haha) band room.
Shared drinks and chat with Jethro Tull, Marmalade and Mud (they could drink like FISH) in the Kings Head 'cos the Marquee had no bar back when it was good.
Julie Driscoll, under strange and unrepeatable circumstances (lovely girl)
Joe Eliot fell off the bar stool on me in Birmingham.
Jammed Freebird one night with Mick Abrahams (original Tull guitarist)
Was having a cuppa at a friends house (almost palace) one afternoon and her neighbour walked in. Only Gary Moore!
Smoked some stuff with Pete and Sandra from Slack Alice.
Met Average White Band in a rehearsal place one day and chatted over coffee.
Oh and my wife grabbed Jay from Bad Religion one day. (poor lad)
And finally, nearly had a skirmish with John Jowett (later of Queensryche) but that was just in fun.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Stephen Carter from the Gallows. I bought a T-shirt from him
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
I posted a bunch in the EXACT same thread YESTERDAY... but most recently was Lee Ving from FEAR
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Me and my friends went to a strip club with Mastidon after they were in Scotland last year, where they bought us tonnes of drinks and many beautiful woman.

I'm honestly not making this up. It was pretty surreal.
Quote by gallagher2006
Me and my friends went to a strip club with Mastidon after they were in Scotland last year, where they bought us tonnes of drinks and many beautiful woman.

I'm honestly not making this up. It was pretty surreal.

You absolute basterd, what strip club was it? I missed that gig. Gutted.
I've met all 4 guys from Alter Bridge. stood in on conversations with mark tremonti and scott phillips (though didn't participate) and have actually had a conversation with myles kennedy. the nicest guys ever!
I met blink 182 which was incredible.... flyleaf, some of escape the fate, some of a day to remember, silverstein, a skylit drive, suicide silence, and atreyu... that might be it
Tom Morello, the Ditty Bops, Billy Corgan, Rick Ross, Ja Rule, Shaquille O'Neal, Lil' Wayne, The Breeders, Del the Funky Homosapien...theres more, but I can't think of them right now.