Hey, I am looking for:

1. Some songs in Standard Tuning which are good for practicing shred. I already do listen to alot of Symphony X, Dream Theater, Paul Gilbert, Seventh Wonder, etc. If that helps.

2. Some tabs of small (or long) patterns to exercise shred.

So if you can think of anything, let me know. I myself have been using scales and stuff but I need more.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Since 'shred' isn't a technique there's nothing you can do to practice it.

And since it's not even a genre of music, but more a term for highly technical playing, all you can do is get good technique.

Good technique comes from practicing properly.

If you try to rush it to play fast quicker than you can, you WILL be sloppy and messy and horrible. So, just look at the huge stickied exercises thread and work your arse off learning everything you can.
Okay... I myself ain't rushing anything really. I did take a look at the exercise thread and will look at some of these practices there.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
this is off subject but the hell is wrong with shecters double locking systems active pickups?????
Bryce
Quote by xoguitarist95ox
this is off subject but the hell is wrong with shecters double locking systems active pickups?????

I'm sick of repeating this.

A) It's what i think.

B) Schecters feel bad, and i've yet to hear or play one that doesn't sound like gash.

C) Double locking systems affect your sustain. They're also a pain in the arse when trying to change strings or tunings. Set up is just a hassle. Plus there's only so much divebombing you can do.

D) Active pick-ups eat batteries and sound like shít.

Oh, and i don't know why i have to but i'm sure some UG loser will berate me unless i state that was all my opinion..