Page 1 of 4
NOTE: Just an example.
Someone else posted a thread and deleted it a while ago that got me started.

He asked, why can [other races] be racist but not white people?

I was talking to a black girl, a friend of mine when i accidentally let out a sarcastic rosa parks comment to someone in my seat who wouldn't get up. She decides to get righteous on me, saying, "My people be put down too long you stupit cracka!" and so on so forth.

What got me was when she said "We been on yo plantations while you sit on yo lazy white a$$ and beat us all day!"
My response: "...what?"
BLACK PEOPLE HAVE NOT BEEN SLAVES IN AMERICA SINCE 1864... almost 150 years ago.

most black people today arent 150 years old.
a few were around pre-martin luther king jr. and treated unfairly, but most of the more racist ones are much younger.

tl;dr- black girl talks about working on plantations nearly 150 years ago, yet is not almost 150 years old.

What are some other double standards that bother The Pit? they can be about anything. just try to keep arguments at minimum.

um... inb4 TS, Searchbar, and other memes i am vulnerable to.
You're allowed to make racist jokes if the joke is actually funny.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

If someone called a black guy in nigger and he punched them in the face (rightly so) at school, he'd probably get away with punching him because of what he was called, but if someone were to call me faggot and I punched (slapped, whatever) them, I'd get in shit for it.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
The societal disdain for male biseuxality, although they typically accept female bisexuality (namely because it's hawt).
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by jgbsmith
If someone called a black guy in nigger and he punched them in the face (rightly so) at school, he'd probably get away with punching him because of what he was called, but if someone were to call me faggot and I punched (slapped, whatever) them, I'd get in shit for it.

That's because the powers that be probably agree with the slappee, sadly.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by jgbsmith

You wouldn't if you were gay.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
You wouldn't if you were gay.

He is gay.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by ChucklesMginty
It's okay to sit and play Guitar Hero all day if you win competitions and go on the news apparently.

I don't know what a double standard is, but that annoys me.

a double standard's just something someone else is politically correct or allowed to do that others arent.
Quote by jgbsmith

I'd say nigger is more offensive than faggot because of the background of slavery etc. Its more than just an offensive word.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
The double standard of how women are swept under the carpet as "you're equal now, stop going on about it" but still get paid less for more hours, treated worse and have to take care of kids more.
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
I'd say nigger is more offensive than faggot because of the background of slavery etc. Its more than just an offensive word.

Somebody's never seen a gay kid in conservative middle America. Trust me, it's the same meaning toward a different population here (unless it's being used to mean "lame person").

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs

good point, but no black person today has been a slave.

dont get me wrong, i disapprove of slavery, and the word nigger if it's used in a racist or offensive way, but if it's just a joke or casual... no big deal, imo.

Edit: ^
Last edited by Papercut... at Oct 5, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
men can show nipples, women cant. **** that ****.

Not true, women can, but the choose not to
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aren't all voiceovers performed by Morgan Freeman?

I thought that was like a law or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KI2Bxcx8M
^^^^ Please watch this! we need more views to win $20 000!
Quote by walkinbazooka
He is gay.

Well has he tried it before?

Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs

I agree, not because it's more offensive, but because the way me and way use ****** is against unmanly and/or homophobic men, not gay people. Sometiems just a general insult against any straight guy.

For example, in my book, wife-beaters ,male members of the WBC, the KKK, religious extremists and rapists are all ******s.

I'm taking the word back.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs

yeah but there are tons of bigots who hate gays where i live. stupid cunts.
Last edited by simmy17 at Oct 5, 2009,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
The double standard of how women are swept under the carpet as "you're equal now, stop going on about it" but still get paid less for more hours, treated worse and have to take care of kids more.

Hey, just as soon as a kid runs crying for his daddy when he skins his knee, I'll admit you have a point regarding taking care of kids. But as long as they go for mummy, it's not our fault.
That doesn't mean we shouldn't help a bit more, but men at least can admit we're not perfect.
Pants being a clothing for both men and women yet skirts being a clothing only for women.

Purple string dampener scrunchy.
This bull**** 'positive discrimination' thing. I remember in class we were discussing this and everyone thought it was great that when choosing kids for a tv advert for instance, they tv people are meant to choose more children of a racial minority group to make it 'fairer' somehow.. This is bull****, they should choose the kids randomly and not give certain people advantages and others a disadvantage because they are of a different race.

There is no 'positive' in disciminating against people , it's ALWAYS a bad idea, no race should be favoured and no kid should be put to an advantage when getting a place on a TV ad on the basis of race. It's wrong!

Needless to say everyone came down on me like a ton of bricks for saying people should be treated the same regardless of race -.-' what a fantastic society we live in.
Quote by Dumebuggy

Go to a titty bar. They choose to show 'em there. And you'll probably feel rather dirty, and wonder how tits could ever be so uninteresting.
I love how half the GAYS thread has converged on this one..
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Dumebuggy

the law says exposed female nipples is Public Nudity, and thus can be charged.

this site's rules also state women aren't allowed to show nipples.

Quote by Guitar0player
Pants being a clothing for both men and women yet skirts being a clothing only for women.

Kilts don't exist where you are?
Quote by jgbsmith

Better not spam this up.

Also:

Animals being nude in public but humans not.

Oh I am sorry, you think I WANT to see your dog's DICK?!
Last edited by Guitar0player at Oct 5, 2009,
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Well has he tried it before?

I do not know.
Quote by jgbsmith

It's quite enjoyable.
Quote by shattamakar

I think back in the 70s and such, black people (and other ethnic groups) were critisized against, but you aren't really allowed to say anything about another race, at least, if you are white, and i think its pretty dumb, if you are being purposefully offensive and actually have the intent that you think someone else is inferior because of their race, then yes, that is bad, but a joke is a joke.

Personally, i don't have any problems with people making racial slurs towards me (i am white by the way), because i don't find any of it particularly offensive, cracker, honky, white boy are all just made up things, apart from the last one, which is in fact true as i am a white male, but then again, if someone tried to beat me up for being white, then yes i would have more than a bit of a problem with it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Guitar0player

this. i dont wanna dress as a girl but girls dressing like boys is cool, a boy who dresses like a girl is a faggot. I dont get that.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Kilts don't exist where you are?

Nope.

Besides, skirts are way hotter.
Quote by Papercut...
this. i dont wanna dress as a girl but girls dressing like boys is cool, a boy who dresses like a girl is a faggot. I dont get that.

Don't know about that but this is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmQvxfo75K0
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Papercut...

Me neither, not to mention most guys who DO do that are actually straight.
Quote by Guitar0player

Or drag queens

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Guitar0player

My girlfriend dressed me up in makeup today.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by walkinbazooka
The societal disdain for male biseuxality, although they typically accept female bisexuality (namely because it's hawt).

I think it's also bad if people accept lesbians but not gay males for the same reason.

Oh, and the double standard of women being '*****s' but men not is also just plain silly.
Quote by thanksgiving
My girlfriend dressed me up in makeup today.

Lucky son of a bun, but I wish I had a boyfriend who'd do that to me :3
Quote by aaciseric
I think it's also bad if people accept lesbians but not gay males for the same reason.

Oh, and the double standard of women being '*****s' but men not is also just plain silly.

I'm beginning to wonder if we agree completely on everything.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by aaciseric

That's less widespread. At least where I live, homosexuality is generally not accepted at all, regardless of gender.

About the "*****s" and "sluts" thing. It's my contention that there's no such thing, at least if the word is intended to have a negative connotation. If someone wants to have ten partners, as long as they're safe, there's nothing inherently wrong with it IMO.
Quote by shattamakar

The thing that pisses me off is that people assume white people can't make racial jokes because we "owe" the other races for enslaving them, etc. I've never enslaved anyone, so why should I suffer for something that other members of my race did in the past. That, in fact, is the definition of racism right there.
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs

If they were using the word Faggot specifically to insult and put down a person for their sexuality, then i think that its equally wrong.

Of course the word "Faggot" itself is more socially acceptable these days; but thats usually with a different connotation. Not meant specifically for anti-homosexuality.
Last edited by Mr. B at Oct 5, 2009,
Page 1 of 4