i was just wondering where to find old hardcore music like, bad brains fear circle jerks and what not... where do you find it?!?! i'm so confused..it has to be on the internet somewhere, and not at itune's insane price. so, anywhere other than itunes?
Maybe check a local music store. They sometimes have used vinyl, cds, cassettes ect...

I'm just addicted to such stuff (:
Quote by SKAtastic7770
Hot Topic

BAHAHAHAH!
You'd better be f*cking kidding me...

"When I think of Bad Brains, I think HOT TOPIC!"

Garage sales my good man
you can find amazing stuff, but obviously this isn't always a reliable source. Also, you may end up catching some disease from scouring through all the Chumbawumba and Venga Boys CDs that everyone just wants to get rid of. So consider yourself warned...

EDIT: Also, the HMV near me always has a lot of old core... I've found some old Judge and Gorilla Biscuits CDs there...
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Oct 5, 2009,
Half Price Books is where I found Black Flag's Damaged. That's a little hit and miss but I always find something I like there.

But there's this one record store here in Columbus (The Singing Dog) that has every album I could think of. If you could find one of those great record stores that has EVERYTHING you're set. Trouble is they're few and far between. Try college campuses. They usually have at least one good record store.
Last edited by iwannabesedated at Oct 5, 2009,
Hot Topic does have lots of punk CDs and vinyls.

Not that I would know... >_>

I bought Group Sex at Borders.
Quote by RockThe40oz
Yeah? Well, I HAD group sex at Borders

What part of Pennsylvania? My cousin worked at a Borders near Pittsburgh. Perhaps she was involved?
Quote by iwannabesedated
Hell, I found a Never Mind the Bollocks Vinyl at Barnes & Noble.

Wow, you managed to find a popular "classic" album at a chain store that carries a reasonably large selection of popular albums?
Quote by werty22
Wow, you managed to find a popular "classic" album at a chain store that carries a reasonably large selection of popular albums?

The Vinyl part was the more surprising bit. Finding the CD of Never Mind the Bollocks would have been no big deal.
Craigslist and Ebay.

Unreliable, but sometimes people just have NO IDEA what something is worth. I saw someone selling a Vintage Fender Bass worth something around $5,000 for $150 saying, "it's kind of old but still plays well." I've found some rare records on there for pennies on the dollar.
Quote by iwannabesedated
Craigslist and Ebay.

Unreliable, but sometimes people just have NO IDEA what something is worth. I saw someone selling a Vintage Fender Bass worth something around $5,000 for $150 saying, "it's kind of old but still plays well." I've found some rare records on there for pennies on the dollar.

A couple of days ago my friend told me somebody sold a Fender jazz bass for $100 because they put the strings on upside-down.
wait... is that quote in you're sig something someone actually said?
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
wait... is that quote in you're sig something someone actually said?

yeah, I was there. It was great.
Oh god...
I want to find that guy and shake his hand for making my day better...
Then punch his face into the back of his head for making the world a slightly less bearable place to live...
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I'm starting to use Ebay to find alot of my crusty stuff.

THEY HAD AN UNOPEN DISCLOSE CASSETTE FOR $5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tower record store has a good collection of 'popular' HC albums like The Germs, Black Flag, DK ETC ETC. i was going to discount it myself(the germs album) but realized i had no belt to run away to the train station if that big scary door man started to chase when it rang.
OH i wanted it because it was like 22 dollars!!!!!!!! thats abit beast.
Quote by RockThe40oz
dr strange records
crustpunks
interpunk
angry young and poor

It is....

Im there all the time. Great store, cept the stalker cat....
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Second hand record and book stores. In my neck there are two decent ones that deal both in CDs and Vinyls.

Charity shops aka Salvation Army. I have found some nice vinyl there, including a few X albums in pristine condition

Garage sales / Flea markets.

I would avoid record swaps and conventions. Most of the dealers are out for a high profit margin.
Amazon is my favourite place to find most not-too-obscure stuff.

Quote by anarkee
Second hand record and book stores. In my neck there are two decent ones that deal both in CDs and Vinyls.

Wow, Rollins must have quite a few then!
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Oct 13, 2009,
^I really should learn to proof read, lol.

Also--if there are college stations near you that have yearly record "clean out" sales, there's another good source. I worked for a community station for a few years and they used to have a spring cleaning charity sale that was great for picking up obscure stuff.
Quote by Gnomefry
Also give antique stores a shot, I picked up a Black Flag record at one.

i second this, they have old records of all descriptions at antique stores. i found some old jazz (duke ellington, george bensons collaboration, etc) as well as stuff ranging from poison and nitro to buzzcocks. all for $5.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Last edited by pistols at Oct 19, 2009,