Alright, so I'm going to be getting a new guitar soon, and it's going to come with an Ibanez TS-9 This, unfortunately, has made me think "Alright, time to build my pedal board!" So then, what are the "essential" pedals that every board must have? I figure a tuner and delay are probably tops on the list, right? If it matters, I play punk-pop/alternative sort of stuff, and an eventual blues player once I'm better at playing.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
A compressor, and maybe a chorus.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
If your amp doesnt have it Reverb. Every player has to make their own tone to be unique but a good start for lead tones reverb Chorus and Delay
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
In order of importance (IMO): tuner, delay, fuzz, overdrive, wah, chorus, phaser.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Depends on the amp, but an EQ is always nice to have..
A noise gate/supressor too
Quote by 667
Depends on the amp, but an EQ is always nice to have..
A noise gate/supressor too

Not everybody plays high gain

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
^Hence... "Depends on the amp" :P
Last edited by 667 at Oct 5, 2009,
If you're going into Blues you won't need much of a pedalboard (I just run my guitar through a Crybaby and tuner) but for Punk try a Chorus, Delay, Distortion/Fuzz, maybe a Wah and Reverb.
considering the "alternative" part i recomend you get every pedal you can get your dirty little hands on.
That's what i'll be doin'
but yeah, chorus, delay, wah, and some tipe of distortion are the esentials people usually suggest a comp and equalizer no matter what but if you're ok with the tone of your amp i don't know what use you could get out of th EQ