Hi.
So, I just repainted my bass (for fun. Just a cheap Squier lol) a few months ago, and I'm just now getting around to re-stringing it again. However, I've noticed that the strings are ****ing HIGH off of the neck. More so than any other bass I've played on before.
And this is making the intonation suffer as a result. I just did the intonation test on the twelfth fret, and it's 50 cents sharp. So, how would I go about fixing this? I know that I need to adjust the bridge with the allen wrench, and already did, but its still high.
So, how would I make this work? I figure it'd be the truss rod, because the neck looks a little bowed. BUt I've never adjusted one of these before.

Thanks for the help.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Halakar
Have you read the FAQ?

No, I didn't think about that for some reason.

But I just went through it, and did everything it said, and it's still hovering at around 20 cents too sharp for intonation. The only think I didn't completely adjust is the truss bar, because I'm a bit apprehensive to try that. It's just annoying that I really want to record into my computer with this thing, but it'll sound like **** when I play a G on the 3rd fret, E string, and it's 20 cents sharp in comparison to my in-tune guitars.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Halakar, perhaps you can point us in the rite direction i too am having a similar problem.
Quote by anarkee
Along with the FAQ read this:

http://www.tunemybass.com/bass_setup/

Its a good explanation. If it doesn't make sense take the bass to a shop and ask them to sort it out for you.

i agree 100%. it's important to read the entire set-up guide before making adjustments as the truss rod and intonation adjustments, although somewhat related, address two completely different issues.