http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6rMsgZa_HU

This my attempt at soloing, I really can't play fast yet so I didn't really try too because it would have sounded bad.

My guitar doesn't have humbuckers and I can't afford a distortion pedal so pinch harmonics are near impossible to get to properly ring out.

The chords are based on an Electric Wizard song.
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
I can't hear the solo all that well, but I would recommend that you buy a metronome. I kind of lost all sense of rhythm for most of the song, and it seems like you did also. You've got potential though, just keep practicing.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Yeah you need to turn it up really loud to hear it...

I haven't got much of a sense of rhythm, I had a metronome but I don't have one here (NZ), and I had difficulty practicing with it anyway. If there are any threads that depict how to use it well that would be great!

...Hense why I call myself a guitar player and not a musician
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.