it is basically saying that there are 80 memory banks. 40 that are already set with something and 40 that are open for you to set up
Quote by vjferrara
it is basically saying that there are 80 memory banks. 40 that are already set with something and 40 that are open for you to set up

Yupp.

However I wouldn't get that pedal. Cheap + Multi-effects = horrible, cheap sounding effects and bad tone.
Well aside from that piece of advice, I was just wondering what you mean by effects I can set up? As in uploading into the effect pedal, or like a preset remembering thing?
Quote by AfroRockerMike
Well aside from that piece of advice, I was just wondering what you mean by effects I can set up? As in uploading into the effect pedal, or like a preset remembering thing?

all of the effects are on the actual pedal on this one i believe. line 6, as far as i know, is really the only company that gives you high quality mods and effects that can be downloaded off of their site.

if i were you i would save and buy this: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Floor-POD-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-103948675-i1168219.gc

i have a line 6 pod xt live and i haven't found anything that can beat it on mods and effects. the floor pod is the cheapest version of the pod series. with line 6 pods you can add more stuff to them via their website as well. you can also download other people's tones from their website for free and upload yours for other people to download.
Last edited by vjferrara at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by AfroRockerMike

Presets...

After you setup all the effects, like your Amp Model, Distortion, Reverb, Delay, Phaser etc...you can then save that setup in a "preset". Then at some later time, after you've changed all those settings to something else, you can recall that Preset to those specific settings you had before.

There are already 40 Presets in the pedal that were setup by the manufacturer.
There are 40 more that you can customize yourself.

For $50 it's not a bad investment. They're cool to play around with. But generally speaking, multi effects processors (especially cheap ones) are like "Jack of all trades, master of none".

So it can do all the effects, but can't do any of them very well.

In the long run, many people here believe you're better off investing in individual effects pedals. A pedal that does only one thing generally does it better than the pedal that does everything.

Hope that helps.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Oct 6, 2009,
I have a Cry Baby, A Mini Qtron, and a Bass Big Muff. I like individual effects a lot more as well. But for the person who has no money, but wants a few effects, a multieffect pedal is a bit useful. When I have money I'll be sure to get them individually. And so with that new effect pedal that I was shown, I can download effects onto it? That's pretty cool. Daymn.
Quote by AfroRockerMike
I have a Cry Baby, A Mini Qtron, and a Bass Big Muff. I like individual effects a lot more as well. But for the person who has no money, but wants a few effects, a multieffect pedal is a bit useful. When I have money I'll be sure to get them individually. And so with that new effect pedal that I was shown, I can download effects onto it? That's pretty cool. Daymn.

No, that pedal (Digitech RP55) cannot download anything to it.

The higher end (expensive) Multi Effects Pedals CAN.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
all 80 are already set, but 40 can't be changed adn 40 can....i have a rp350 and it's great
Quote by jonmo1
Presets...

After you setup all the effects, like your Amp Model, Distortion, Reverb, Delay, Phaser etc...you can then save that setup in a "preset". Then at some later time, after you've changed all those settings to something else, you can recall that Preset to those specific settings you had before.

There are already 40 Presets in the pedal that were setup by the manufacturer.
There are 40 more that you can customize yourself.

For $50 it's not a bad investment. They're cool to play around with. But generally speaking, multi effects processors (especially cheap ones) are like "Jack of all trades, master of none".

So it can do all the effects, but can't do any of them very well.

In the long run, many people here believe you're better off investing in individual effects pedals. A pedal that does only one thing generally does it better than the pedal that does everything.

Hope that helps.

I got a rp350 on ebay for $100, so i'm sure you can probbably find a rp55 for like $20......invididual pedal's are good, but you have to know what your looking for...a multi effect is good to figure out exactly what you want, buy your favorite pedal's, and use the multi effect for the other pedal's you don't have when you feel like using them..that's what i do
Pros:
Cheap and cheerful
Lots of fun
Teaches you the way to use effects properly
Probably has a 'phones/DI out for practice and recording
Cons:
Factory presets are horrible.
Takes a while to learn the best way to program a sound
Within the 40 presets you will want several 'clean' locations and your most used ones as the pedals only shift up or down the presets one at a time. (Stamping 16 times to get to what you want is not for live performance so you have to get clever.
Changing a set list can mean re-setting all your sounds to new locations, or the stamping routine.
Built quality is not very tough for stage use.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x