Ok so I have to make a PowerPoint on batteries for one of my classes and I can't find one of the questions on google or anywhere. So here's the question:

What's the difference of a 9v or AA battery compared to a computer or calculator battery?
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by EuBoat
Size.

Size doesn't tell me anything dude......
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by ehlert99
electrical charge duh!! oh and probably the acids used in it.

Edit: Ok I get it acid is a chemical I wouldn't ok. I never took chemistry

Quote by metalh3ad88

They look pretty different to me.

Quote by Trefellin

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Last edited by MetalheadforJC at Oct 5, 2009,
Quote by MetalheadforJC
Size doesn't tell me anything dude......

It will when I unzip my trousers...

...don't laugh
different voltage differences
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Quote by MetalheadforJC
Unless acid is a chemical than, no they don't have acid and the chemicals used are the same for any kind of battery.
Is this whole post a fail?

stratkat
Quote by MetalheadforJC
Unless acid is a chemical than, no they don't have acid and the chemicals used are the same for any kind of battery.

um acid is a chemical..

and trust me the chemicals used are NOT THE SAME. I will give you the fact it might be the same by the same company... but car batteries dont use the same type of chemicals as regular batteries... companies close gaurd their secrets so no one knows how they get the battery life they do.
Last edited by ehlert99 at Oct 5, 2009,
9v has a nominal output of 9 volts, and they have acid in them (Unless rechargable) AA are 1.5 volts, same as above with acid. in my calculator i have a TI83 Graphing calculator i use AAA batteries, and those give off a nominal output of 1.5 volts. on my computer, i have a really ****ing awesome rechargeable battery, and i dont know the nominal output, but i like it lol.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Quote by MetalheadforJC
Unless acid is a chemical than[it is], no they don't have acid[Uhh, they do] and the chemicals used are the same for any kind of battery[No they aren't ex. wet cells and dry cells.]

Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
All four are completely different. Have you tried researching the subject before asking the Pit?

AA batteries are 1.5 volts and have a zinc anode, a manganese dioxide cathode and use potassium hydroxide as an electrolyte (Alkaline ones, anyway).

9-volts contain 6 1.5 volt cells in series.

Laptops use rechargable Lithium Ion batteries, which have a high capacity and a light weight. They are, however, prone to the "Memory effect", which means that their capacity decreases over time.

Calculators should use solar panels. If they don't, then you're fucked
A Battery cell (alkaline) is around 1.5Vdc (AA, AAA, C & D) 9V batteries have 6 cells in them to add up to 9V (6 * 1.5). Computer batteries (not realtime clock ones)are Nickel Metal Hydrate or Ni CAD which can last a long time and be recharged. Most Calculators now can use akaline or in the case of my old Sharp, solar cells which need no batteries just enough ambient light.
Moving on.....
Quote by sashki

Calculators should use solar panels. If they don't, then you're fucked

I'm pretty sure most scientific calculators and graphing calculators don't run off of solar panels.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...