I have an old acoustic guitar thats broke. but the nut on it fits the huge strings i have on my electric guitar ( i play a lot of drop b). would i be alright switching the 2 nuts out? should i take it to a tech?
Nuts come in all sorts of different shapes and sizes, so there's no guarantee that it'll fit. Also, the width and string spacing will be different. It's easier to just get a blank nut and start over.

If that doesn't apply, you need to pry it off the acoustic with a screwdriver, clean out the slot on the electric, apply a bit of super glue and stick it in.

You could just file the nut for wider string grooves, or get a proper nut like a Graphtech or Earvana or something.
Quote by ultimate-rocker
How hard would it be to file the nut myself?

Or you could measure your nut, and pay only $10 for a better replacement off of Tusq guitar nuts.
For a minute, I seriously thought this thread was just gonna be a picture of the Wangcaster.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
Quote by sashki
Nuts come in all sorts of different shapes and sizes, so there's no guarantee that it'll fit. Also, the width and string spacing will be different. It's easier to just get a blank nut and start over.

If that doesn't apply, you need to pry it off the acoustic with a screwdriver, clean out the slot on the electric, apply a bit of super glue and stick it in.

You could just file the nut for wider string grooves, or get a proper nut like a Graphtech or Earvana or something.

That's what she said.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by ultimate-rocker
I have an old acoustic guitar thats broke. but the nut on it fits the huge strings i have on my electric guitar ( i play a lot of drop b). would i be alright switching the 2 nuts out? should i take it to a tech?

Maybe this is a good opertunity to buy a locking nut, LSR roller nut or a bone nut.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.