Hey, so, I'm looking into getting a new guitar, and I don't know which one to get.

I'd say I play a bit of everything, but mostly rock, metal, distorsion-driven music.

I think that at most I'd have 1000 pounds (sterling) to spend, so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

I've had a look at the obvious suspects, Gibson, Dean, etc. but nothings jumped out.

Plus I was also wondering if anyone had ever heard of a brand called Bacchus? I'm able to get them cheaper than normal because my teacher's endorsed by them so if anyone has anything positive (or negative) to say about them please do.

Thanks in advance.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, it's I saw a few others similar to this in here. Much appreciated if you warn me and then try and get it pulled down. xD)
Wrong forum, methinks. =p EDIT: Whoops, nevermind, got moved.

On topic, I'd look at Ltd 1000 series, some models come with EMGs, others come with Duncans, so there sould be something that suits you well.

Also, sorry, Ive never heard of Baccus.

Last edited by EMGPWNS at Oct 6, 2009,
Well technically this should go in the "electric guitar" forum since this is about an electric guitar, and no an accessory.

However, what other gear are you using? Effects and amps play a big role on whether a certain guitar will be good for you or not.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Well technically this should go in the "electric guitar" forum since this is about an electric guitar, and no an accessory.

The EG forum is crap though.

Jack, what amp do you currently have? I would make sure you have that covered before committing £1000 to anything. There is some great gear out there right now and you wouldn't have to spend all that money on a guitar to get something very nice like a Schecter or a Tokai Love Rock. Something in that price range would leave you money for a decent amp.

BUT....

If you have a good amp already, the world is your Oyster.

BACCHUS....

I've heard of them, and heard them. Nice guitars but if you can get a Tokai cheaper then that's what I would get. We're talking the Les Paul style ones right?
If you don't know which guitar to get you probably don't need a new one. Asumming you have a decent guitar allready.
I have a Fender Frontman 212R, I don't think it's that bad. xD And I'll probably not end up spending anywhere near 1000 it's just a very optimistic budget. xD
Quote by JackPoxon
I have a Fender Frontman 212R, I don't think it's that bad. xD And I'll probably not end up spending anywhere near 1000 it's just a very optimistic budget. xD

That amp is both crap for rock and metal. To be honest, none of your gear really suits your style, although I rock hard with my Tele. I would look into a Bugera 333 or 6262 combo and a decent Les Paul copy like a Tokai or something.
Quote by JackPoxon

Yeah, get a new amp first.

Used Marshalls ftw.